Author Topic: Pink Floyd's Roger Waters could repeat Berlin Wall gig in Israel  (Read 1750 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
as pointed out to me by callat703:

Pink Floyd's Roger Waters could repeat Berlin Wall gig in Israel
http://www.nme.com/news/nme/45075
Star wants West Bank wall/fence taken down

Ex-Pink Floyd man Roger Waters has offered to mirror his Berlin Wall concert in Israel if the West Bank part-wall, part-fence in the country is taken down.

On a visit to the Ayda Refugee Camp in the West Bank yesterday (June 2), Waters spoke out against the controversial barrier, which was erected in 2002.

"This is a bad thing. This is wrong. This is not helping anybody, this thing," Waters said of the wall, which stretches for roughly 670km (420 miles), and is eight metres high in some places.

"If they take this thing down," he continued, "I would be delighted to come and do a concert here. In fact, I would insist on it."

Waters last performed in Israel in 2006, though he expressed his disappointment at how little things seem to have changed since then, reports BBC 6Music.

"It's actually very, pretty depressing, coming back here three years later and seeing that the political situation has changed very little - there are more settlements, there has been more grabbing of land," he said.

In 1990, shortly after the Berlin Wall came down, Waters played Pink Floyd's classic 1979 album 'The Wall' in its entirety at the site.
<sig>

Re: Pink Floyd's Roger Waters could repeat Berlin Wall gig in Israel
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 04:01:29 pm »
Would he do it wearing sweat pants?

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 04:08:15 pm »
What is he, the Wall Police?
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 04:12:07 pm »
What is he, the Wall Police?

nah, he's just an aging rocker with a strong grasp of obvious marketing opportunities. 
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 04:12:38 pm »
"Waters last performed in Israel in 2006, though he expressed his disappointment at how little things seem to have changed since then, reports BBC 6Music."

It's going to get much worse before it gets any better seeing as they just elected a crazy bloodthursty right wing maniac as prime minister. One would think that the horrendous job he did during his previous term would've been enough to keep him from getting back in there...
احمد