Author Topic: *PJ Harvey & John Parish* *ROLLCALL!* (Fuck David Byrne!)  (Read 3226 times)

RustyOrgan

*PJ Harvey & John Parish* *ROLLCALL!* (Fuck David Byrne!)
« on: June 05, 2009, 11:36:38 am »
I'm down!

Vas Deferens

Re: *PJ Harvey & John Parish* *ROLLCALL!* (Fuck David Byrne!)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 11:39:09 am »
David Byrne is the next day, you dork.
(_|_)

RustyOrgan

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 12:48:38 pm »
Oh, well in that case I'll be seeing Denali at Black Cat!!

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 12:52:30 pm »
With Mr. Prine in town, John Parish won't even be the best  John show of the night.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 03:38:53 pm »
John Priner of Soul Asylum??

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 04:04:19 pm »

andyrichter

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 12:55:02 am »
This was my 1st time seeing PJ Harvey and this will likely go down as my favorite show of the year unless something else completely blows me away.  Just incredible. 

hutch

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 12:08:36 pm »
I went to the PJ Harvey and the Dean and Britta shows last night - I think PJ's show lasted about 75 minutes- and I have to say that in my opinion the Dean and Britta blew it out of the water... what a set list!!! They played a bunch of Galaxie 500 songs, Luna songs, D&B songs, and great covers including Dylan's I'll Keep it with mine (wonderfully sung by Britta), New Order's Ceremony, a rare Velvet Underground song (the recently discovered one)... After the show they came out and took pictures and signed stuff... what great guys! The PJ Harvey  was cold and short and at the moment it was just getting going it was over. A lot of contrast in the set lists with Dean and Britta playing  everything one wanted to hear and PJ concentrating exclusively on songs she wrote with John Parish. ANyways everyone has their favorites but I'm really glad I made it to the Dean and Britta show which was better than I remember the last two Luna shows I caught at the Black Cat in November 2002 and the one before the last tour (must have been 2004ish)..

Fiona

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 04:32:43 pm »
This was my 1st time seeing PJ Harvey and this will likely go down as my favorite show of the year unless something else completely blows me away.  Just incredible. 

I totally agree. It was fantastic. I didn't miss her solo material at all. It was widely promoted in articles that they would only be doing their work together. She has toured many times in the US with her solo work and I'm sure she will be doing so in the future. I've heard her solo stuff live many times, and so I think she had the right to do just their work together.
The show was not shorter than most concerts I've been to. She wasn't cold at all. She was very appreciative of her audience.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 04:35:35 pm by Fiona »

RustyOrgan

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 11:39:34 am »
What the fuck is up with the parking garage closing early?!  Had to call to have someone open the fucking thing!  Wankers!!

RustyOrgan

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 11:39:55 am »
I went to the PJ Harvey and the Dean and Britta shows last night - I think PJ's show lasted about 75 minutes- and I have to say that in my opinion the Dean and Britta blew it out of the water... what a set list!!! They played a bunch of Galaxie 500 songs, Luna songs, D&B songs, and great covers including Dylan's I'll Keep it with mine (wonderfully sung by Britta), New Order's Ceremony, a rare Velvet Underground song (the recently discovered one)... After the show they came out and took pictures and signed stuff... what great guys! The PJ Harvey  was cold and short and at the moment it was just getting going it was over. A lot of contrast in the set lists with Dean and Britta playing  everything one wanted to hear and PJ concentrating exclusively on songs she wrote with John Parish. ANyways everyone has their favorites but I'm really glad I made it to the Dean and Britta show which was better than I remember the last two Luna shows I caught at the Black Cat in November 2002 and the one before the last tour (must have been 2004ish)..

Did Britta perform nude?