Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1255553 times)

Hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #5295 on: March 16, 2024, 07:05:45 pm »
Wait dude you said it was new…

What difference does it make? New or newer she should play what she wants!

Complaining about what she plays at a free show really takes BDE.

Yada

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #5297 on: March 16, 2024, 10:26:14 pm »
Thanks Space!!

But the thing is, her 'new stuff" isn't really new. It's from 2012 and 2022. And it's 60%of her setlist  https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/beth-orton/2024/maurer-hall-old-town-school-of-folk-music-chicago-il-23aaa067.html even in her non-free show. Higher percentage last night.

I disagree about what to play at a free show. Half the audience isn't even going to know who you are. Play the stuff that's going to have the most widespread appeal. And the half that does know you os there for the older stuff.Though honestly with her voice the way that it was, those three songs didn't fare much better.

And look at Cock, always with the wittiest, most useful comments.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5298 on: March 17, 2024, 10:03:16 am »
Hypothetically speaking.

Let's say you go to a show at the club 9:30. And you're wearing a 9:30 shirt. And lets say - hypothetically again - that you've done this a bunch of times. Not just Thievery Corporation.

Now you begin to notice that everytime this happens, show after show, one or more of the staph looks at you and says "Nice shirt".  Always "Nice shirt". Never "Love the shirt", "Hey! Where'd ya get that shirt?" or "Whoa I haven't seen that one in years!". Always "Nice shirt".

What's the "secret password" response? What do you say to unlock all the freedoms and freebies that are hidden just behind "Nice shirt"?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #5299 on: March 17, 2024, 10:18:26 am »
Hypothetically speaking.

Let's say you go to a show at the club 9:30. And you're wearing a 9:30 shirt. And lets say - hypothetically again - that you've done this a bunch of times. Not just Thievery Corporation.

Now you begin to notice that everytime this happens, show after show, one or more of the staph looks at you and says "Nice shirt".  Always "Nice shirt". Never "Love the shirt", "Hey! Where'd ya get that shirt?" or "Whoa I haven't seen that one in years!". Always "Nice shirt".

What's the "secret password" response? What do you say to unlock all the freedoms and freebies that are hidden just behind "Nice shirt"?

"My pleasure"
😐 🎶

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5300 on: March 17, 2024, 10:30:01 am »
"My pleasure"

Nice! What treasures await?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #5301 on: March 17, 2024, 12:36:09 pm »
"My pleasure"

Nice! What treasures await?

Nuggets, strips, or a sandwich. But not on Sunday.
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5302 on: March 18, 2024, 12:37:52 pm »
And look at Cock, always with the wittiest, most useful comments.

don't tell me how to live my sex life.  i'll oggle shlong any damn way i please, and with whatever type of commentary i choose.
<sig>