Author Topic: ticketmaster versus tickets.com  (Read 1679 times)

walkonby

ticketmaster versus tickets.com
« on: April 02, 2005, 11:36:00 am »
sorry, but my vote goes to ticketmaster everytime.  compared to them, tickets.com appears to be some archaic form of doing anything correct.  too many controls are left up to them, such as that "virtual waiting room."  i've used both plenty of times to quench my thirst for the living rock, and ticket.com just sucks at what they do.  and that is not some crybaby, "i didn't get tickets to blankedy blank show," because i just did get some through tickets.com, and boy have they just gotten worse and worse.  ticketmaster, though some consider them a monopoly, shines on as providing the best service i have experienced, next of cource to the artist doing it themselves, such as  Widespread Panic, and a few others, and even they screw it up sometimes.

palahniukkubrick

Re: ticketmaster versus tickets.com
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 03:23:00 pm »
tickets.com is less evil so they get my vote.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 10:49:00 am »
try ticketweb for nyc shows or shows outside of the DC area (its possible that you can use them for Baltimore area shows, but not sure). they were popular in SF (originated there) and their service charges used to be ridiculously cheap $.50 per ticket. last time i bought tickets, the service charge was still much less than both ticketmaster and tickets.com.
HeyLa

ggw

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 10:58:00 am »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  ticketweb
Wholly owned and operated by Ticketmaster.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 11:15:00 am »
Ticketmaster > tickets.com, in my opinion

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 11:22:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  ticketweb
Wholly owned and operated by Ticketmaster. [/b]
true, service charges still are cheaper than ticketmaster (i think)..(i used them when they were independent, forgot they were owned by ticketmaster now).
HeyLa