Author Topic: Perry gave a shoutout to Seth last night  (Read 13002 times)

Got Haggis?

Perry gave a shoutout to Seth last night
« on: June 10, 2009, 08:43:47 am »
During the Janes Addiction set, Perry Ferrell gave a shoutout to Seth for being one of the last non-LiveNation owned venues in the country.....pretty cool!

Both NIN and Janes Addiction sounded great - I did miss the crazy NIN stage/light show from last summer, but still a great set.

Thanks Seth.

shemptiness

Re: Perry gave a shoutout to Seth last night
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 08:47:48 am »
Except that he thanked Seth Horowitz.

smakawhat

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 09:48:11 am »
That was a great show, I was actually at the top of the hill next to the guy who was being dared by his buddies to go sliding down ala "Woodstock style tribute".  So he did a couple times, I think he hit some dude at the bottom and pissed him off.  A couple other sliders followed suit (this started during Been Caught Stealing)...  security showed up about 20 minutes later and stopped it...

good times ....

I missed the first half of NIN though... but also missed the rain so it all worked out.

lagas

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:56:13 am »
I had a blast as well, both bands were fantastic, I will post a couple of pics later
zorra

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 10:34:11 am »
oops

احمد

Sir HC

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 11:18:50 am »
Perry was in great form, they sounded really good, and energetic.  NIN, blinding lights, a bit too many tracks, but still a fun time.

Not sure about Street Sweeper Social Club.  Either you want to be rock gods or save the world, hard to put the two together.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 12:05:52 pm »
Is Perry still annoying when he speaks?
(_|_)

Chulahoma

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 12:30:50 pm »
Perry was in great form, they sounded really good, and energetic.  NIN, blinding lights, a bit too many tracks, but still a fun time.

Not sure about Street Sweeper Social Club.  Either you want to be rock gods or save the world, hard to put the two together.

i thought SSSC were pretty bad when i saw them in jersey on saturday.  they were trying to be a diet version of rage against the machine.  did they keep saying "we're a social club! street sweeper social club!" after each song?

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 12:33:36 pm »
Perhaps Seth purge the Jewishness from his name like Perry did.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 01:24:05 pm »

i thought SSSC were pretty bad when i saw them in jersey on saturday.  they were trying to be a diet version of rage against the machine.  did they keep saying "we're a social club! street sweeper social club!" after each song?

Yep they sure did.
"Diet version" is a good description, no substance and tastes like shit.
The fact that Tom Morello is a part of it is fucking embarrassing; I liken it to if Jimmy Page had joined Kingdom Come back in the late 80's.

spiggums

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 02:12:57 pm »

wait... you're complaining that NIN played too many songs?

RustyOrgan

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 03:04:22 pm »

Yep they sure did.
"Diet version" is a good description, no substance and tastes like shit.
The fact that Tom Morello is a part of it is fucking embarrassing; I liken it to if Jimmy Page had joined Kingdom Come back in the late 80's.

SSSC sounded great and put on a killer show!  That cat from The Coup is badass!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 03:42:40 pm »
You misheard. He thanked Cher Horowitz, Alicia Silverstone's iconic character from Clueless. Perry has lost all grips on reality.

Sir HC

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 04:09:24 pm »

wait... you're complaining that NIN played too many songs?

No that too much at times was not coming from anyone on the stage.  Sequenced stuff just bleeping along without anyone seeming to even kick it off.

lagas

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 04:27:28 pm »

;D
zorra