Author Topic: The Jesus Lizard  (Read 22509 times)

Epstein

• http://www.hit-dat.com
Re: The Jesus Lizard
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 01:19:45 pm »
What is difference about the MBV reunion?  Honestly curious.  Is it the fact that new music may be coming?  Because I'm almost always for just hearing the classics on these reunions.  Call it nostalgic or whatever, but I'm cool with pumping my fists to "The Art of Self-Defense" as many times as possible.

these reunions are fucking stupid really the mbv is the only one that makes any real sense

mbv never really broke up

mbv dont have a dude singing about punching a chick and dragging her out of a truck, while thats great and all, i dont need to hear a dude pushing 50 and who gets nude on stage still trying. It's embarrassing

im not 16 anymore and dont need to hang around a bunch of dudes that still think amrep is the only label worth listening too, id rather hang around a bunch of dudes that listen to ride anyday.

Kill the sound: <A HREF="Http://www.hit-dat.com" TARGET=_blank>http://Http://www.hit-dat.com[/url]

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2009, 08:50:43 pm »
Dear Mr. Hurwitz,
  Thank you for bring Jesus Lizard to the club in November.  Now, please do not erect any kind of barrier between the crowd and the band for the show.  It is not really a Jesus Lizard show unless you can get to Dave Yow and he can get to you.  Don't worry we will be fine.

Thanks.

azaghal1981

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2009, 09:06:50 pm »
They don't use the barricade unless the band specifically requests it. At least that's what I've been told.
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2009, 10:36:09 pm »
totally off topic . . . but god i can't get the song pretty in pink out of my head.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 07:47:52 am »
Dear Mr. Hurwitz,
  Thank you for bring Jesus Lizard to the club in November.  Now, please do not erect any kind of barrier between the crowd and the band for the show.  It is not really a Jesus Lizard show unless you can get to Dave Yow and he can get to you.  Don't worry we will be fine.

Thanks.

but then where will I stand

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 10:04:26 am »
Now, please do not erect any kind of barrier between the crowd and the band for the show.  It is not really a Jesus Lizard show unless you can get to Dave Yow and he can get to you.  Don't worry we will be fine.

the barriers are there to only protect the crowd - the talent, and property, are also considerations.

They don't use the barricade unless the band specifically requests it. At least that's what I've been told.

i'd hope that at some point, common sense kicks in and the club unilaterally decides that barricades are needed.  not having them for bands like the prodigy or RATM would be irresponsible - how could staph assist the folks being crushed up front?

jesus lizard will sell well, but i'm not convinced they'll sell out the club.  it will be interesting to see if the club decides to put up the barriers.  i'm guessing they will.

but then where will I stand

uh, the usual: up on the side-stage balcony with the other juliettes.
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 10:25:18 am »

jesus lizard will sell well, but i'm not convinced they'll sell out the club. 
really? jenny lewis sells out the club. i bet people will travel for the lizard
o/\o

nkotb

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 10:27:34 am »
You might be right.  Hell, Joe was willing to travel to Spain to see them, and he had never heard one note of their music!

azaghal1981

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2009, 10:29:46 am »
Joe hadn't heard a note of their music? That's funny.

He also decided to see something lame over Shellac.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 10:31:31 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2009, 10:33:21 am »
true, but I was there for a lot of other bands (such a killer lineup this year) but Jesus Lizard was one of the highlights...

p.s.: I owned goat and liar digitally a year prior... ;)

do what you do best, which is to sweet talk to me...  :P

You might be right.  Hell, Joe was willing to travel to Spain to see them, and he had never heard one note of their music!

(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2009, 10:54:27 am »
"i'd hope that at some point, common sense kicks in and the club unilaterally decides that barricades are needed.  not having them for bands like the prodigy or RATM would be irresponsible - how could staph assist the folks being crushed up front?"

That makes sense. And come to think of it, every show I've been up front for this year has had a barricade. Maybe it's become routine practice now?
احمد

bearman🐻

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2009, 12:13:22 pm »
Do you really think a barricade will stop David Yow? Methinks not.

nkotb

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2009, 12:19:05 pm »
When I saw them at Lollapalooza, Yow was in the crowd 90% of the time, even on the main stage.  I think he was more than happy to climb down from the stage and back up over the barricade, which reminds me a good story...

So later on that day, they decided to play the second stage as well.  There were several non-band members watching from the side/back of the stage, and at one point, this 250+ lbs. guy decides to make a run for it and stage dive.  He takes as big of a leap as he could off the monitors, and came crashing down on the railing at gut level.  I still cringe when I think about him hitting that thing...although it probably would've been much, much worse had he hit the crowd.  Oof.

azaghal1981

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2009, 12:57:51 pm »
Good point. It didn't stop Katy Perry (long story) from giving me a faceful of her vag a couple months back.

احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2009, 01:42:07 pm »
It didn't stop Katy Perry (long story) from giving me a faceful of her vag a couple months back.

* D R O O L *
<sig>