Author Topic: stanley cup finals  (Read 5026 times)

Frank Gallagher

stanley cup finals
« on: June 12, 2009, 11:13:38 pm »
The NHL is in trouble, big trouble.

Unless you are from Detroit or Pittsburgh nobody gave a rats arse about the final series.....The two most hated teams amongst neutrals are the Redwings and the Penguins. I watched game 7 tonight and really found it hard to stay awake after a couple of glasses of wine even though I LOVE hockey. How many times will it be fun to see the Redwings play the final unless your from 8 mile or see the Penguins and not don a mullet, fat arse and fupa?

I would have been more intrigued had it been the Stars v Ducks or Lightning v Blue Jackets. (I omit the Caps for obvious reasons being my team)

The NHL needs to do something to attract more neutral fans....Detroit, Pittsburg and once every blue moon Montreal or Toronto isn't enough to make it a mainstream sport..............BUT THEY NEED THE ADVERTIZING REVENUE.

godsshoeshine

Re: stanley cup finals
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 07:40:05 am »
next time its stars vs ducks in the finals, i'm sure it will be riveting  ::)
o/\o

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 09:47:00 am »
There was a lot of great hockey this playoff season.  The only reason a 'neutral fan' would not be into the later series was because of sours grapes that his team was not in.  My team went out in the first round but I continued to watch and appreciate several great games.  The game is just fine, well except they need to get rid of that lame ass shoot out.
FUKIT

Venerable Bede

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 11:53:04 am »
Yeah, a Ducks Stars finals would be amazing, especially since they play in the same conference.

I bet people said the same thing in the 80s, I hate watching edmonton in the finals every year, give the jets and the whalers a chance.
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 12:44:28 pm »
And where the hell have you been?
27>34

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 12:45:32 pm »
I watched game 7 tonight and really found it hard to stay awake after a couple of glasses of wine even though I LOVE hockey.

Go fuck yourself, jerkoff.

vansmack

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 12:51:52 pm »
I watched game 7 tonight and really found it hard to stay awake after a couple of glasses of wine even though I LOVE hockey.

See, we still love you around here...
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 01:46:14 pm »
Meh, I watched the last 2 periods. I didn't want the Pens to win. Whatever, it's lose lose. Sour grapes indeed.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 04:55:32 pm »
I watched the whole series.  Thrilling finish.  Pens just outworked them most of the game.  Wings came out hard like the first 10 minutes or so and then didn't wake back up til it was desperation time.  Pens did what they needed to do to win esp considering Crosby only had like 10 mins of ice time.  Fleury came up with a great game when he had to.  I thought detroit was going to lock it up on that last shot.  Fleury just threw himself out there.  Amazing finish.

Hats off to the pens but i'm still bitter.  But I'm proud my team took the Stanley Cup champs to 7 games in the playoffs, all of them very competetive except one.  The pens just peaked at the right time.  Freaking Pittsburgh.  Steelers and the Pens.  Don't like either of them.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 08:12:25 pm »

Smackie - and you wonder where I've been? I see this 'bored' is still full of ignorant pricks for the most part. I would love to meet arseholes like this in person and see if they're as brave face to face.

BTW, I just watched Mall Cop and the main character reminded me of Venerable with his "little known facts!" You knew what I meant so don't be such a Marty McSmartypants!!!

As for the Pens, at least Gonchar got a winners medal. I still like the guy after all he did for the Caps.

walkonby

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 09:24:51 pm »

Smackie - and you wonder where I've been? I see this 'bored' is still full of ignorant pricks for the most part. I would love to meet arseholes like this in person and see if they're as brave face to face.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 10:21:39 pm »

:D :D :D :D

godsshoeshine

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 08:15:57 pm »
i for one would love to meet mank in real life and hear about my mullet, fat arse and fupa (whatever that is). i'm sure we could agree to toast gonchar's "winners medal" and pine for a finals match up between two teams from the same conference.
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 08:31:32 pm »
What's this conference bullshit anyway? Talk about same shit year in year out.

They should scrap the conference system come playoff time. The top four seeds from each conference go in one pot and the bottom four in another then they just pick the teams at random. That way you have a better chance of the two best teams from the NHL actually meeting in the final......If they're concerned about the travel times then the first three games are played at the lower seeded teams home ice and the remaining four at the higher seeded teams home ice.

Just one mans opinion but I'm sure Venerable will come up with some 'little known fact' as to why this can't happen, Smackie the legal issues and that other douche some random juvenile insult.

They should also have a system were you get promoted from one division to another (think premier league etc.) that way there's actually something to play for during the season other than finishing at least 8th in the conference!!!!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 11:10:37 am »
no american sport is going to have promotion/relegation ever

besides, the tv ratings disagree with your premise of no one caring
o/\o