Author Topic: At last...Good news today!  (Read 4017 times)

mankie

At last...Good news today!
« on: March 09, 2004, 02:19:00 pm »
Sniper Killer Muhammad Sentenced to Death
 By MATTHEW BARAKAT
 Associated Press Writer

MANASSAS, Va. - A judge rejected John Allen Muhammad insistence of innocence and sentenced him to death Tuesday, saying his actions in the Washington-area sniper shootings that left 10 people dead were "so vile that they were almost beyond comprehension."

http://kevxml2adsl.verizon.net/_1_VEGTO10369BIZC__vzn.dsl/apnws/story.htm?kcfg=apart&sin=D8170C600&qcat=usnews&ran=13030&passqi=&feed=ap&top=1

I hope they sell raffle tickets to see who get to pull the switch.

MAXX44

Re: At last...Good news today!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 03:03:00 pm »
I agree 100 %......how can he deny he "had nothing to do with it"?  what a coward

jkeisenh

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 03:05:00 pm »
"The death penalty is no more effective a deterrent than life imprisonment... It is also evident that the burden of capital punishment falls upon the poor, the ignorant and the underprivileged members of society." - United States Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall.

No More Killing. Abolish the Death Penalty.

It Does Not Stop Violence.

In the United States, the death penalty is often promoted as a way to deter violence and make society safer. Yet scientific studies have consistently failed to find convincing evidence that executions deter crime more effectively than alternative sentences.

It's Prone to Discrimination.

Imposition of the death penalty is so riddled with class and race bias that it is used almost exclusively on the poor and people of color.

A recent study of death sentences in Philadelphia found that African-American defendants were almost four times more likely to receive the death penalty than were people of other ethnic origins who committed similar crimes.

Over 80% of people executed since 1976 were convicted of killing white victims, although people of color make up more than half of all homicide victims in the United States.

A defendant who can afford his or her own attorney is much less likely to be sentenced to die. Ninety-five percent of all people sentenced to death could not afford their own attorney.

It's Irreversible.

The death penalty legitimizes an irreversible act of violence by the state and has inevitably claimed innocent victims. Since 1973 over 100 condemned prisoners have been released in the U.S. due to credible claims of innocence. Because human justice remains fallible, the risk of executing the innocent will never be eliminated.

It's Not a Solution.

The death penalty only serves to create more victims and perpetuate a cycle of violence. If we truly believe that killing is wrong, we must abolish the death penalty.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/

mankie

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 03:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimblysweep:
  "The death penalty is no more effective a deterrent than life imprisonment... It is also evident that the burden of capital punishment falls upon the poor, the ignorant and the underprivileged members of society." - United States Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall.

No More Killing. Abolish the Death Penalty.

It Does Not Stop Violence.

In the United States, the death penalty is often promoted as a way to deter violence and make society safer. Yet scientific studies have consistently failed to find convincing evidence that executions deter crime more effectively than alternative sentences.

It's Prone to Discrimination.

Imposition of the death penalty is so riddled with class and race bias that it is used almost exclusively on the poor and people of color.

A recent study of death sentences in Philadelphia found that African-American defendants were almost four times more likely to receive the death penalty than were people of other ethnic origins who committed similar crimes.

Over 80% of people executed since 1976 were convicted of killing white victims, although people of color make up more than half of all homicide victims in the United States.

A defendant who can afford his or her own attorney is much less likely to be sentenced to die. Ninety-five percent of all people sentenced to death could not afford their own attorney.

It's Irreversible.

The death penalty legitimizes an irreversible act of violence by the state and has inevitably claimed innocent victims. Since 1973 over 100 condemned prisoners have been released in the U.S. due to credible claims of innocence. Because human justice remains fallible, the risk of executing the innocent will never be eliminated.

It's Not a Solution.

The death penalty only serves to create more victims and perpetuate a cycle of violence. If we truly believe that killing is wrong, we must abolish the death penalty.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/
Oh shut yer liberal pie-hole!

fry the *unt!

jkeisenh

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 03:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

fry the *unt!
That's right, let's not think before pulling the trigger.  Let's not consider this in any context at all.  Let's just get angry and act on impulse.  Let's be vengeful.  Let's just do it.

Oh, wait... that's the same thing that the snipers did.

mankie

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 03:35:00 pm »

fry the *unt!
That's right, let's not think before pulling the trigger.  Let's not consider this in any context at all.  Let's just get angry and act on impulse.  Let's be vengeful.  Let's just do it.

Oh, wait... that's the same thing that the snipers did. [/b]
How much does it cost to keep one maggot in prison for a year?

What can he contribute to society while we spend millions on him in prison?

Is prison really a punishment with cable tv, complete gym, clean bedding, huge library???

There is no logical reason for a prick like this to breathe the air normal people breathe.

You may want to ask the families of victims of those who've been paroled or escaped only to murder again, how they feel about your liberal beliefs.

We should fry the kid too!

I respect your beliefs but disagree with them 100%. I will agree that some states execute all too willingly, but in this case death is the appropiate punishment for the crimes committed.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 03:37:00 pm »
  That's right, let's not think before pulling the trigger.  Let's not consider this in any context at all.  

context?  ok, how's this for a context. . .two men go around and randomly shoot to kill innocent people who are going about their own business and lives, be it driving a bus or going to home depot.  there is no rhyme or reason for the spree, but simply because they can.  should this type of person be allowed to spend one more day living?  why should this person be afforded the luxury of living, while those they are responsible for killing are not?  they have as much admitted they are responsible for the crimes.  they do not deserve to live one day longer than those they killed.
OU812

jkeisenh

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 03:49:00 pm »

95% of the time, it's far cheaper to have a life in prison sentence than a death penalty sentence.  Why?  The legal cost of the years and years of challenges most condemned prisoners bring.

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 04:03:00 pm »

95% of the time, it's far cheaper to have a life in prison sentence than a death penalty sentence.  Why?  The legal cost of the years and years of challenges most condemned prisoners bring. [/b]
Then maybe it is time to streamline the process.

mankie

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2004, 04:25:00 pm »

95% of the time, it's far cheaper to have a life in prison sentence than a death penalty sentence.  Why?  The legal cost of the years and years of challenges most condemned prisoners bring. [/b]
Then when people like this get the death sentence, the Sheriff takes them round back and POP POP POP!  JUSTICE IS SERVED.

keithstg

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2004, 04:40:00 pm »

Oh, wait... that's the same thing that the snipers did. [/b][/QUOTE]

First of all, it's not a trigger, it's a switch or a series of buttons. And second of all, what's impulse after a three month (or was it six month) trial by a jury of his peers? Donkey.

Guiny

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2004, 04:47:00 pm »
This should be the easiest death sentence verdict ever. I would gladly sit in the front row to watch these two idiots fry, hell i'd be honored to pull the switch if they asked. If they handed me a shotgun i'd stand right over them, look into their scared little eyes and shoot their dumbasses right smack in the middle of their faces......in short, yes i agree these guys should die.

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2004, 04:51:00 pm »
Why would killing them make you happy?

Originally posted by Rob_Gee_a.k.a _Guiny:
  This should be the easiest death sentence verdict ever. I would gladly sit in the front row to watch these two idiots fry, hell i'd be honored to pull the switch if they asked. If they handed me a shotgun i'd stand right over them, look into their scared little eyes and shoot their dumbasses right smack in the middle of their faces......in short, yes i agree these guys should die.

Guiny

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2004, 04:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rutherford_J._Balls_a.k.a_Rhett:
 [QB] Why would killing them make you happy?

Because killing is my business and business is good.

vansmack

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2004, 04:55:00 pm »
These political discussions on the forum are some of my favorites.  I just sit back read and laugh....

I know the moderators hate them, but they are truly entertaining when people start taking things too seriously and start getting nasty.

While nothing could top the abortion post with the CUA students, this one has potential.

Carry on.
27>34