Author Topic: 10k plus at the show, no one else here went to Styx et al?  (Read 3234 times)

Sir HC

10k plus at the show, no one else here went to Styx et al?
« on: June 24, 2009, 10:21:49 pm »
REO, not my think, got to go quick for them (singer had the Annie Lennox do).

Styx were on, other than the shtick that could have been an extra song, they were great, played classics that I (and my friend who is a HUGE fan) wanted to hear.  No "This is a new song we think you will like", no b.s. songs that no one knows (a la Jackson Browne), they were on.

38 Special, heck I feel embarrassed to say, I liked their set.  Their singer was a git, but they did great songs that I liked on MTV 20+ years ago and did them well.  No extra crap, though they did this medely of 80 crap they didn't do.  Still fun show. 

So, it was a fun time, heard some classics that were a lot of fun (and could not not think of Cartman during Come Sail Away), yeah it was an expensive show, but they did deliver.

edbert

Re: 10k plus at the show, no one else here went to Styx et al?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 09:22:21 am »
As far as classic rock goes, I'd really like to go to the Leppard/Poison/Cheap Trick show, if it wasn't at Nissan P that is.  The new CT CD out this week is really really good

set1914

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 03:06:02 pm »
Right there with you. I would go see Leppard/Poison/Cheap Trick show if it was at MPP. But since it is at Nissan, no way.

redsock

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 03:22:42 pm »
Was there, and loved it. Even Reo. Could do without all the "We're here to rock you" banter. But the toons were all there.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 03:56:38 pm »
I remember a while  back there was a guilty musical pleasures thread.  Styx would be on my list for sure.  My kids love it when I rock "Lady" really loud on the stereo.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 08:55:06 pm »
Keep Pushin' and Golden Country are the only two REO songs I'd care to hear.

Sir HC

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 11:22:15 pm »
Not "Riding The Storm out?".  That was mine.  Still there was something so transcendental to my original MTV time that just made me go "wow".  And I am usually a forward music go-er.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 01:17:46 pm »
OMG, did they do SHOW ME THE WAY???
(_|_)

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 01:28:42 pm »
38 Special, heck I feel embarrassed to say, I liked their set.  Their singer was a git, but they did great songs that I liked on MTV 20+ years ago and did them well.  No extra crap, though they did this medely of 80 crap they didn't do.  Still fun show. 

Trooper with an Attitude?
27>34