Author Topic: Snow Patrol  (Read 11204 times)

Bags

Re: Snow Patrol
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2004, 02:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by bungle bud:
  thanks, i shall get a copy on monday, no guilt.
Ditto...better than downloading it from Kazaa, right?    :D

brennser

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2004, 01:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by brennser:

If anyone is looking for the domestic copy release of Snow Patrol's "Final Straw" CD, I saw lots (9-10 copies) at Olsson's downtown (418 7th Street, N.W.) for the cool price of $9.98.  
Final Straw is one of Best Buys featured CDs this week. While you'll have to live with the guilt of being one of the final nails in the coffin of the independent music retailer, it is only $6.99. [/b]
ahem...

turns out the Snow Patrol thats on sale at Best Buy is the Spitting Games single, not the album...

Darth Ed

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2004, 11:21:00 pm »
Final Straw is $6.89 with free shipping at deepdiscountcd.com. Standard disclaimers apply. Be prepared to wait 7-10 days before you receive it though.

dtqjr

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2004, 03:09:00 am »

If anyone is looking for the domestic copy release of Snow Patrol's "Final Straw" CD, I saw lots (9-10 copies) at Olsson's downtown (418 7th Street, N.W.) for the cool price of $9.98.  
Final Straw is one of Best Buys featured CDs this week. While you'll have to live with the guilt of being one of the final nails in the coffin of the independent music retailer, it is only $6.99. [/b]
ahem...

turns out the Snow Patrol thats on sale at Best Buy is the Spitting Games single, not the album... [/b]
Looking at their ad on their website, it says that Final Straw is the on-sale cd at $6.99

bungle bud

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2004, 06:35:00 am »
yes it is final straw @best buy $6.99, i know cos i got my copy on monday. also they like afew other stores seem to have loads of courtney loves new cd, seems no one is buying it.

Bags

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2004, 09:59:00 am »
  yes it is final straw @best buy $6.99, i know cos i got my copy on monday. also they like afew other stores seem to have loads of courtney loves new cd, seems no one is buying it.
Will this still be on sale today or tomorrow, does anyone know??

Thx

poorlulu

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2004, 10:18:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:

Thx [/b]
i didn't know you liked courtney love.........................

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2004, 10:21:00 am »
Bags pretty much likes any "alternative" music that comes out.

Originally posted by poorlulu:

Thx [/b]
i didn't know you liked courtney love......................... [/b]

Bags

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2004, 10:50:00 am »
Sorry, I meant the Snow Patrol for $6.99.  Not interested in Courtney Love.

Bags

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2004, 10:54:00 am »
Originally posted by ggdoubleballs (tm):
  Bags pretty much likes any "alternative" music that comes out.
There's a LOT I don't like, but I don't find the need to dis on music that other folks like a lot.  Yes, you can find the occasional "blech" from me, or queries as to why so-and-so is such a big deal around here, but in general if I don't like a band I stay out of the discussion...Modest Mouse being a great example.

Jaguär

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2004, 12:36:00 pm »
 ...Modest Mouse being a great example.
Yeah, I pretty much stayed off of that thread too for the same reason.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2004, 02:00:00 pm »
It looks like it's still on sale today.  Best Buy in Rockville appears to be sold out of them, but there's still one of those cards on the rack that lists the $6.99 price.

Bags

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2004, 02:09:00 pm »
thanks, skeeter...I'll check Pentagon City...

Jaguär

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2004, 02:24:00 pm »
I just called Best Buy and the sale is good through midnight on Saturday, providing that there is still stock within the stores. This means, yes, if you go to the store on Saturday and it's still available, you will get it for $6.99. This is true for all Baltimore/DC/NOVA locations. Actually, if I remember correctly, nationwide.

You're welcome.     ;)

I've had a burn of the promo since mid Sept., which means it's time for me to schlep my butt out and buy myself a copy.

ratioci nation

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2004, 02:41:00 pm »
According to bestbuy.com, the tenleytown store has it in stock, you can just order it online and select store pickup.