Author Topic: Bye bye Palin!  (Read 5325 times)

azaghal1981

Bye bye Palin!
« on: July 03, 2009, 07:17:08 pm »
And happy almost birthday, America!

The fact that this moron will soon no longer hold office makes today a great day for this country. Talk about a generous early birthday present. Thank you, Sarah! Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 07:20:44 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Bye bye Palin!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 07:35:28 pm »
The real question is what political aspiration of hers requires this move.

Really don't care now.  I'm well into my beer vodka gin rum fueled july 4th weekend. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 07:52:41 pm by chaz »

Got Haggis?

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 08:36:41 am »
I want to know what the "iceburg scandal" is

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 12:48:00 pm »
don't know if this is true . . . it is just what i read.  will do more searching to see.

If the news is true, the upcoming Sarah Palin indictment would have crippled her ability to govern effectively.

Her resignation was said to be so sudden that her own children were not aware she was resigning until they heard her speak the words. Prior to the announcement, Palin had given every indication that she intended to complete her tenure as governor, including 36 hours earlier during a meeting with Senator Mark Begich.

The embezzlement scandal revolves around the large, $12.5 million sports complex that Sarah Palin pushed through during her last term as Mayor in Wasilla.

Federal investigators believe the cost of the sports complex was inflated to provide free building materials and labor for the Palin home

being constructed close by. Both structures, it is said, feature the ?same windows, same wood, same products.?

The sports complex's architect and contractors reportedly have strong links and ties to Palin.

Spenard Building Supplies is the largest building supply company in Alaska - and they were also the supplier and contractor for ex-Senator Ted Stevens cabin.

Federal investigators have been looking into this since last October and now indictments on charges of public corruption and embezzlement appear to be imminent.

walkonby

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 01:45:13 pm »
^Please let that be legit.
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 11:01:31 am »
^Please let that be legit.

looks like it might not be now.  there is some blogger with a hell fire bug up her ass to bring down palin anyway she can . . . and there are reports surfacing that she made all this all up.  even the feds are now looking into the matter to see if "anything" can be done to the blogger.  god i love the internet and everything it does for us.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 11:19:33 am »
That was one of the worst "written" articles I've ever read. A real reporter would've known how to use pronouns, instead of typing Palin 32-some odd times.

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 11:48:07 am »
That was one of the worst "written" articles I've ever read. A real reporter would've known how to use pronouns, instead of typing Palin 32-some odd times.

well they all can't write for huffington.  and besides, according to his bio, his speciality seems to be "entertainment writing."

and speaking of huffington, i like this article about why she quit:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/04/murkowksi-blasts-palin-yo_n_225722.html

it speaks heavy on the "character" that is palin.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 11:50:51 am by walkonby »

azaghal1981

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 01:23:58 pm »
That set off a red flag for me, too.

احمد

eltee

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 03:26:43 pm »
Her resignation speech is one of the worst I've heard.

azaghal1981

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 05:37:07 pm »
It was so scatter-brained!
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 05:51:48 pm »
CNN on palin's decision: bad move

Conservatives taken aback by Palin's decision to resign. Astounding. Risky. Quitter. And that's what fellow conservatives had to say Sunday about Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and her decision to step down with 18 months left in her term.

Rove: Palin's resignation lacks clear strategy

awesome: Palin attorney warns media over 'defamatory' charges
<sig>

eltee

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 10:25:59 am »
Very much a "it's not you, it's me" speech. ?  More shall be revealed I guess.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 11:43:24 am »

i like this quote from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rj-eskow/is-sarah-palin-the-first_b_225890.html (emphasis mine)

Palin may be as erratic as many people say. I wasn't the only observer who noted a hopped up, free-associating, almost amphetamine-like quality to the cadence of her resignation speech. But another way to view her speech is as the latest example of a style that could, in the end, prove revolutionary. Call it "post-modern" politics.

Look up postmodernism (or "PoMo," as some call it) and you'll get a broad range of definitions. It's almost like the Supreme Court definition of obscenity: You can't define it, but you know it when you see it. It was born of the sense that there are no underlying principles or conventions we can trust. It involves identifying, naming, and ultimately shattering the rules under which we've all been operating. It's related to the theater concept of "breaking the proscenium" or "knocking down the fourth wall," acknowledging that some of us are actors and some are spectators in what is, after all, only a performance.

Coherence? That's so yesterday.

It was very postmodern of Palin to characterize her resignation - an outrageous act by any reasonable standard - as a principled refusal to "go with the flow." Her vision of politics is so profoundly radical that even performing the duties of office becomes unimportant. The job you sought is no longer the point. It's all about the performance. It's politics as Conceptual Art.

Very much a "it's not you, it's me" speech.

funny :)

?

!

More shall be revealed I guess.

this scares me... she does have a plan.  there is some joy to be taken from her move, since it's so bone-headed and has earned her so much bad will, but this isn't over.  palin isn't gone, so let's not get too excited here.  someone on huffington pointed out that palin did her best to bury this story - she made the requisite resignation speech, but did so on a friday afternoon before a long weekend, under the cover of various other headlines.  gives the impression that even she knew this was a bad move.  makes me concerned about the reason why - what is so important that it's worth resigning?  hopefully it's just money.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:46:01 am by sweetcell »
<sig>