Author Topic: this band The Rural Alberta Advantage  (Read 3405 times)

nkotb

Re: this band The Rural Alberta Advantage
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 01:42:10 pm »
Right...

Mentioning how long ago you saw them (under a different name)...proclaiming your non-hipster-dom and discussing "them" between bands?  That's the textbook definition.

Then again - not a single one of us would call ourselves hipsters.

that doesn't mean that you aren't.  a lot of criminals don't consider themselves to be criminals.

:P

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 02:40:09 pm »
Well maybe the DC folk will call me a hipster, but in Williamsburg I would never pass for one. Aside for the music, it all ends there.

If I were a hipster - Id have to do a NKOTB and piss on the Matt & Kim show and say how they had to end it with their most popular song, and how it was too crowded since theyre so popular, and how security literally went through every particle of my bag to see what was in it, clearly out to get me, since none of my other friends had the same problem. And I havent even addressed the beer issue yet. $6 coronas in a can! And only one line that was miles back and impossible to get to once everyone showed up. Should I continue.

Oh but I digress - the show was awesome! Flosstradamus had everyone dancing - and I barely cringed on the first note of "Beat It". I couldnt see a single thing during Matt & Kim because it was so crowded and the sound sucked, but it was one of the most awesome free shows Ive ever gone to! And the weather was perfect!

Oh wait! Actually Id skip the show and them come here and say how bad it was, never having witnessed any part of it.

So cant wait for The Pains of Being Pure at Heart.
</rant>

Right...

Mentioning how long ago you saw them (under a different name)...proclaiming your non-hipster-dom and discussing "them" between bands?  That's the textbook definition.

Then again - not a single one of us would call ourselves hipsters.

that doesn't mean that you aren't.  a lot of criminals don't consider themselves to be criminals.

:P
HeyLa

nkotb

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 02:49:48 pm »
Let's get our facts straight...I LEFT during their most popular song; they played a few more afterwards.

If I were a hipster - Id have to do a NKOTB and piss on the Matt & Kim show and say how they had to end it with their most popular song

ggw

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 02:55:47 pm »
I have met NKOTB and can assure you that his bad haircut is definitely not ironic.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 03:00:21 pm »
LOL! Good to know.

I have met NKOTB and can assure you that his bad haircut is definitely not ironic.
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 03:35:14 pm »

POTW.

ggw doesn't post often these days, but what he lacks in quantity he makes up in quality.
<sig>