Author Topic: Lips tickets?  (Read 14589 times)

nkotb

Re: Lips tickets?
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 10:49:27 am »
Bummed about the floor?  What fun is a Flaming Lips show if you're not covered in confetti????

I kind of wished I had gone for center seating actually, but I was in such a rush when the password box finally disappeared that I got floor and didn't want to release the tickets and go back.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 10:52:38 am »
i really don't understand why anyone would rather be in the pavilion rather than GA floor
(o|o)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2009, 10:52:44 am »
I like seating at shows nowadays...part of getting old.  >:(

Bummed about the floor?  What fun is a Flaming Lips show if you're not covered in confetti????

I kind of wished I had gone for center seating actually, but I was in such a rush when the password box finally disappeared that I got floor and didn't want to release the tickets and go back.
(_|_)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2009, 10:57:51 am »
I like seating at shows nowadays...part of getting old.  >:(

I'd rather have a seat as well. Friend just texted me; got CTR Row H. That's two rows behind GA. I'm happy.
😐 🎶

teepo

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2009, 10:58:07 am »
i don't know...

i wasn't even considering going to this since i'll be going to ATP 09 but the opening acts are making it very tempting.

Darth Ed

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2009, 11:00:19 am »
I'm old too.... I didn't say I was bummed exactly. It's not all that often that Merriweather is set up for GA floor, so that's cool. I wish last year's R.E.M. show and this year's Decemberists' concerts had been GA floor....

Vas Deferens

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2009, 11:10:55 am »
stardeath and white dwarfs will be at ATP as well.................

i don't know...

i wasn't even considering going to this since i'll be going to ATP 09 but the opening acts are making it very tempting.
(_|_)

Driveway

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2009, 11:37:48 am »
Don't forget to pay your service and convenience charges on the way out for the spectacular ticketmaster hospitality!

teepo

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2009, 11:41:07 am »
stardeath and white dwarfs will be at ATP as well.................

i don't know...

they've pulled out a long time ago.........................

oso

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2009, 12:11:23 pm »
Did anyone get the download code for the EP with their order? Does it come later? Am I just staring right at it on the receipt?

vassego

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2009, 12:51:03 pm »
What a craptastic job by Ticketmaster.  I demand a recount.

wml7

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2009, 12:55:02 pm »
GA tickets still available

Driveway

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2009, 01:09:21 pm »
Did anyone get the download code for the EP with their order? Does it come later? Am I just staring right at it on the receipt?

There was a similar ep deal with the Smashing Pumpkins 20th tour if you bought tickets for both nights.  No one got the EP until about 5 months after the tour ended... 

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2009, 02:03:07 pm »
Hold on. You've got to rethink this people. Look at the beauty of this!

First off, since no one had a password, I would venture to guess that none of those scalper programs worked. They too were at a loss. This opened the playing field for a much fairer shot at tickets for the regular fan, at least while the glitch delay was in effect and you checked this forum.

Step two: With the networking on this forum, it turned out to be a 9:30 Club insiders' first grabs sale. Don't know about the Lips board but I would bet that once you sleuths got down to business, you all had a better chance at getting tickets. Word probably then got to the band's board soon afterwards.

Of course, by now, the glitch has probably been fixed and/or the word is out across active cyberspace.

Good going, Seth! Pure genius! I like this new method.  ;)

debaser64

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2009, 02:06:36 pm »

The code will come by email in a few days according to a post on the Lip's board.