Author Topic: Lips tickets?  (Read 14590 times)

jpauls20

Re: Lips tickets?
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2009, 05:07:53 pm »
Sorry I missed the show... had to work setlist?? did they play the slow versions of Yoshimi and Fight test???

PigIron

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2009, 07:08:05 pm »
Sorry I missed the show... had to work setlist?? did they play the slow versions of Yoshimi and Fight test???

If this isn't it, its close.  Might be missing one...

Intro with band entering from a big vagina, big ball rolling around in crowd and lots of crazy nonsense
Race for the Prize
Silver Trembling Hands
Yeah Yeah Yeah
Fight Test
Enthusiasm for Life
Convicted of the Hex
Yoshimi (slower)
Vein of Stars
Pompeii
WAND
Don't Use Jelly
Do You Realize

oso

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2009, 07:22:04 am »
That sounds about right. They also played Bad Days.

Darth Ed

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2009, 03:39:10 pm »
I'd never seen the Lips before, so it was all fresh to me. I wasn't expecting the sheer over-the-top spectacle of it all: the best-of-breed light show, confetti cannons, giant balloons, giant balloons filled with confetti, giant inflatable animals, lasers, a gong, fog machines, and dancing girls and guys in furry costumes... almost sensory overload. Frankly, I just couldn't believe it. Oh, and the music which was great. Definitely feel like I got my money's worth! I can see how it might get old after a few shows, but I had a smile on my face all night long. I was in the pit, and I was glad to be there. It was so much fun. On a personal note, I recently lost a loved one and I found "Do You Realize?" very touching. The lyrics had new meaning to me.