Author Topic: Paul McCartney 8/1/09  (Read 27905 times)

runwhiteyrun06

Re: Paul McCartney 8/1/09
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2009, 09:48:17 am »
Thanks!

walkonby

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2009, 09:57:43 am »
via the McCartney fan forum

Parking lot opens at 4pm

Gates open at 6pm

Tailgating is allowed at Redskins games, no ideas if it's allowed at concerts....

i was just told that they put a squash on partying in the parking lot for fed-ex, for anything.  are you sure about that?

Smylie

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2009, 10:02:26 am »
They have certain spots now where you can tailgate if you need more then 1 spot.  If you just need 1 parking spot, you can tailgate wherever for Skins games

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2009, 12:30:00 am »
Great show! I liked the addition of the two songs from the recent Fireman record, and the rest was a nice varied set from his career.   To tired to compare setlists, but we heard some different songs from the 2002 show...

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but we zipped right out after the show via Arena Drive.  Getting in was a major headache due to lack of any signage on where one could exit from the inner loop.  We only managed to get into show around 8:15pm, after getting out of bumper to bumper madness that started at route 50, to take our chances on what the situation was in closer to the 202 exit.  If Arena Drive was indeed open then epic failure on someone part for not having a least temporary signage along the beltway indicating that.  Oh and it was classic as we were getting on 202 from the beltway, there was a road crew truck blocking a lane of traffic in order to fix some traffic lights.  WTF!
T.Rex

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2009, 12:47:01 am »
Arena Drive was open before the show.  We zipped past all of that traffic on the inner loop and were in the parking lot in a matter of minutes.   We left Silver Spring around 5:45 and were inside with a drink before 6:30.   Sorry we didn't have much time to talk after the show, kosmo, but Don was on a mission to get home ASAP.

The show was great.  Over 2.5 hours and it just flew by.  What a catalog he has to pick from.  Damn.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2009, 12:54:31 am »
oh well... guess i should gone with my gut on using Arena drive instead of being a lemming

and the Red Wings stickers on one of Paul's acoustic guitar was a nice touch :D
T.Rex

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2009, 12:56:59 am »
Great show! McCartney is an expert in giving a crowd what it wants and he proved it tonight. Highlights included Michelle, Live and Let Die, Let me Roll It, and Here Today.

Tons of problems with the trip and venue though. My friends and I left Baltimore around 445; we did not park till 8:10. The wait to get off 495 was god awful and 295 was backed up for some reason. The parking was the biggest clusterf*ck of all time. Staffers were waving us into lots that were full. Luckily, we just parked next to a dumpster and walked in. On the way out, I literally ran to my car and picked up my friends and was out of the stadium within 5 minutes. To compare, the trip back took 45 minutes while tje trip there took over 3 hours.

The one positive with the venue: I lost my wallet before the show and missed the first two songs looking for it. However, it was in lost and found. My faith in humanity is now restored since someone actually turned it in with my credit cards and money intact.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2009, 01:27:02 am »
Great, great show.
Fed Ex Field sucks and so does Dan Snyder.

eros

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2009, 09:49:53 am »
Really great.  Got there early for tailgating so we were lucky to miss most of the traffic issues.

It needs to be repeated that the man is SIXTY SEVEN years old.
ʎɐʍou

ggw

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2009, 09:59:12 am »
I thought it was a great contrast to see how much more McCartney could do with 2.5 hours than Green Day could.

tobyd

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2009, 11:13:23 am »
Dug this up on the McCartney forum mentioned at www.macca.devstars.eu.  Great show!

DC
8/1/2009

Drive My Car,
Jet,
Only Mama Knows,
Flaming Pie,
Got To Get You Into My Life
Let Me Roll It,
Highway,
Long and Winding Road
My Love,
Blackbird,
Here Today
Dance Tonight,
Calico Skies,
MICHELLE
Mrs. Vanderbilt,
Elenore Rigby,
Sing The Changes
Band On The Run,
Back In The USSR,
I'm Down
Something,
I've Got A Feeling,
Paperback Writer
A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance,
Let It Be,
Live and Let Die
Hey Jude,
Day Tripper,
Lady Madonna
I Saw Her Standing There,
Yesterday,
Helter Skelter,
Get Back
Sgt. Pepper/The End.

Mark_Read

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2009, 11:54:19 am »
Just the 36 songs then. Amazing that he can still rip "I'm Down" and then go straight into "Something". Great show but FedEx sucks. Stood in line for food and drinks to be told they had run out of soda (put up a sign for God's sake) and had to pay $5 for water.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2009, 07:41:01 pm »
Dug this up on the McCartney forum mentioned at www.macca.devstars.eu.  Great show!

DC
8/1/2009

Drive My Car,
Jet,
Only Mama Knows,
Flaming Pie,
Got To Get You Into My Life
Let Me Roll It,
Highway,
Long and Winding Road
My Love,
Blackbird,
Here Today
Dance Tonight,
Calico Skies,
MICHELLE
Mrs. Vanderbilt,
Elenore Rigby,
Sing The Changes
Band On The Run,
Back In The USSR,
I'm Down
Something,
I've Got A Feeling,
Paperback Writer
A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance,
Let It Be,
Live and Let Die
Hey Jude,
Day Tripper,
Lady Madonna
I Saw Her Standing There,
Yesterday,
Helter Skelter,
Get Back
Sgt. Pepper/The End.

Wow.  Makes me wish I was at the show!  ORCH of course!!

K8teebug

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2009, 01:32:14 pm »
I know alot of people who missed the first few songs because there was no one directing traffic into the stadium at all. 

Sad.