Author Topic: *ROLL CALL* TOOL @ Patriot Center - THURS JULY 30th  (Read 4686 times)

RustyOrgan

*ROLL CALL* TOOL @ Patriot Center - THURS JULY 30th
« on: July 31, 2009, 11:22:36 am »
Ended up selling my GA/ORCH/FLOOR ticket so I could see *MY BLOODY VALENTINE* - anyone make it out to the TOOL show??

BookerT

Re: *ROLL CALL* TOOL @ Patriot Center - THURS JULY 30th
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 11:39:55 am »
if we were to place odds on such things as "which board member would start a roll call thread for a show he/she did not attend, after the show took place?" what would the line on rusty organ be? even money? 3:5 even?

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 12:19:59 pm »
I made it to the show. Just didn't get the whole Tweak Birds, but props for the drummer wearing a cape and some other guy coming out playing the flute dressed as an Indian Chief :)

I did see Dr Evil and Mini Me, and Faye. I still don't think Sam and Rusty made it inside but they were around outside lol

3MTA3

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 01:45:47 pm »

I did see Dr Evil and Mini Me

HAH! ross is little.  do you see that, ross?  you're mini.  get it?

heather

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 01:56:06 pm »
i went, too.  it was an interesting night-- my friend bailed on me, so i had to sell an extra last minute.  it turned out being a refreshing experience though.  the guy i sold the ticket to (and sat next to) has been in the country for only a few months, and we had nice conversation about his experience here so far and how he got into tool.  (tool opened for metallica in korea in 2006.  he hadn't heard of them prior, but he walked away a fan.)  i could go on about my non music-related thoughts, but that really seems to bother some here!  oh, i did see thatguy off in the distance :)

review from postrock.

Driveway

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 01:56:44 pm »
Tool was great.  I only know about 5 Tool songs, but they were good.

madgypsy

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 02:29:06 pm »

Remind me to kill you both

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 04:28:52 pm »

Remind me to kill you both

HA! I was just passing on what a text message from Sam said ;) I would sit with a bucket of popcorn to watch you kill Josh. :D
3MTA3

lagas

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 04:41:00 pm »
I was there as well, cool experience, great visuals, I was right in front of Justin a few feet back in the floor, and unfortunately right beside those idiots hitting themselves the whole fucking time...what a bunch of morons, even had a little "physical conversation" with one of them, but it didn't escalate though...I had a blast anyway, I wanted to shoot the concert but my request was denied :(

setlist
Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Lost Keys *new audio*
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Aenema
Lateralus
Vicarious
zorra

heather

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 09:16:50 pm »
I wanted to shoot the concert but my request was denied :(

that's too bad!  i was looking forward to your review-- i need a challange (my spanish skills are hurting!).

okay, so a few thoughts about the show:

• this was the second time i've seen tool, the first being bonnaroo in 2006.  i thought the show would translate better indoors, but i definitely preferred the outdoor setting.
  • the show was good and i very much enjoy the music, but i'd rather listen to tool on album.
  • about maynard:  as mckenna noted in that postrock review, "there was none of the usual taunting of the fans."  i couldn't hear most of what he was saying, but it was a big surprise to me when he repeatedly asked the crowd to look out for each other, get home safely.

i haven't been to the patriot center since david bowie years ago.  i realize the laws are different because it's an institution of higher learning (and i even think they've eased up a bit in recent years), but i'd be lying if i said i wasn't disappointed that i couldn't get a crappy bud when i tried sometime around 9:30.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 09:48:25 pm »
Do they ever play Pushit or Third Eye live anymore?

smakawhat

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 01:22:52 pm »
I saw them when they were last here at the Phone booth (telecom arena name insert here), that was a flat out amazing show.  Too bad they were playing at Patriot Centre.  It's not that great sounding some times.

That setlist is also nearly identical to the one I heard, except it had Floods.  All the other songs were played at the other show and more.  Not to upset about missing this one.

smakawhat

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 01:23:14 pm »
Do they ever play Pushit or Third Eye live anymore?

Hearing/Seeing that live would be unreal

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 02:04:07 pm »
Had to "settle" for this since a trip to Richmond wasn't a possibility for me.  Great show, as always.