Author Topic: Wolf Trap questions  (Read 5441 times)

Bombay Chutney

Wolf Trap questions
« on: August 05, 2009, 10:28:39 am »

I haven't been to Wolf trap in over 15 years.  I'm heading to see the B-52's on Saturday and have a couple questions.

How hard is it to park at Wolf Trap?  I know there are shuttles to the Metro, but that sounds like kind of a pain.  If parking's a disaster though, it might be worth trying the shuttles.  The show is on Saturday, so I'm not too worried about the traffic.  Any recommendations?

How strict are they regarding cameras?  I have a great opportunity to take pictures, but I'm not going to bother if I need to be sneaky about it.  We're talking point-and-shoot - nothing fancy.

Anyone else going?

Thx.

walkonby

Re: Wolf Trap questions
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 10:51:24 am »
parking is a breeze getting in.  stick to the one on the wolftrap side (in the grass) toward the road for getting out easier, not the parking lot on the other side.  it can be a cluster f getting out of there.  not sure about cameras.  and i went to see them (b52s) last year, about this same time . . . hottest show i have ever been to.  i don't think the air moves properly in the set up of the physics of the style of the slopes of the building, or something.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 11:07:36 am »
nkotb is the expert on this subject.
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 11:14:34 am »
They are quite strict about pictures.

Its silly not to take the shuttle if you can as its real easy and convenient...

Parking is ok unless a show is sold out or close to sold out.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 11:21:28 am »
park across the street. its 100xs easier getting out and you can ride the golf cart up the hill
o/\o

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 11:56:39 am »
park across the street. its 100xs easier getting out and you can ride the golf cart up the hill

if you park on the grass side closer to to the entrance (toward the road), you get to your car, thus out, quicker than those who have to walk all the way to the other side parking lot, which i have always experienced as a cluster f of cars backing up in one line because they always have only one exit open/the other blocked.  plus the golf carts are for whiny "help me, my legs are broken" sad sacks.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 12:20:59 pm »
if you actually stay for the end of the show, people are already leaving. trust me, other side is the best. i usually just walk anyway, but i have the cooler with wheels, purchased mainly for the 'trap
o/\o

hemisphire

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 12:43:10 pm »
I always park on the far side, I think it's easier getting in and out.

If there's a no camera policy, they're very strict, but usually won't take it.