Author Topic: Anyone else check out Phish tonight at Merriweather?  (Read 12371 times)

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
Re: Anyone else check out Phish tonight at Merriweather?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 01:06:06 pm »
I thought she was good, reminded me a bit of Delerium

BfL's voice reminds me of sarah mclachlan, so the delirium comparison makes sense (i only know their one song with her).

Here's Delerium performing the song you're thinking of but with the other two vocalist. This footage is from the 930 Club even :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMdpyWaC68o
3MTA3

azaghal1981

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 04:44:14 am »
Could this have been more spot on?

I think not.

Well done, kind sir.
احمد

nkotb

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 07:16:38 am »
Dude, redsock is gonna FREAK.  Malitz, I'd watch your back!

I think not.

Well done, kind sir.

redsock

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 11:00:00 am »
Dude, redsock is gonna FREAK.  Malitz, I'd watch your back!

I think not.

Well done, kind sir.

Malitz is ok in my book, and his referencing Kate Bush is pretty appropriate. A couple of her songs do drift, but they are short enough to not lose you in boredom. And I'm not sure how one can be intriguing but uninteresting? Doesn't make any sense...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 11:08:31 am »
And I'm not sure how one can be intriguing but uninteresting? Doesn't make any sense...

malitz was being overly dramatic and self-indulgent with his writing sorta like... oh i dunno... bat for lashes?  ;)

seriously tho, i'm guessing that he meant intriguing = momentary, something worth having a quick look at mostly because of novelty; vs. interesting = intrinsically worthy of one's sustained attention... but that's just a guess on my part.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 11:22:48 am »
thread hijacked!!!!!!! :)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 11:23:27 am »
Ponder this: Bat For Lashes threadjacks Phish.

edit: hutch beat me to it.
😐 🎶

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 11:25:35 am »
Phish is terrible shit. Bat For Lashes, while not my thing, is 500 times better than Phish.

wml7

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 11:44:40 am »
hippy  ;D

walkonby

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 01:01:17 pm »
Phish is terrible shit. Bat For Lashes, while not my thing, is 500 times better than Phish.

yeah, they're shit . . . that's why they have only been a band for 21 years, sold over 8 million "studio" albums (not including the number in millions of live show albums off their website), hosted 7 three day festivals where only they played, have sold out every single show they have ever played, no matter what the size of the venue, regularly played 10 months of the years every year for 10 - 15 years, have the respect of many bands and guitar players from all genres of music ranging from bluegrass/country/rock/indie/rap, had their tickets scalped for as much as $1000 for just 1 of their shows, are only four people who can create such a sound that they do, are a jam band who have never covered a single dead song, rolling stone magazine called them the "most important band of the nineties," have a ben and jerry's ice named after them which donates part of the proceeds to a vermont charity, each band member formed their own succesful side project (some two), have songs on rock band video game, have a tickets by mail order process thus bypassing ticketmaster and livenation, have fan-run charitable organizations dedicated to music education for children which have announced two $5,000 grants a year, all members are mental giants who all have their doctorates, have received a lifetime acheivement award, a cult following in the millions by now that will tour with them no matter where they go, be it anywhere in the states or other countries, been on the simpsons.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 01:08:51 pm by walkonby »

fatskippy

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 01:07:55 pm »

LOL do you hipsters need to take over every single thread?  The show Saturday night was pretty good, just didn't quite flow right.  Bring on the Fall tour dates!

walkonby

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 01:20:56 pm »
oh yeah, i forgot . . . bat for lashes has two albums, can't keep the same line up for live shows, and thom yorke thinks they are neat.

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 01:44:00 pm »

yeah, they're shit . . . that's why they have only been a band for 21 years, sold over 8 million "studio" albums (not including the number in millions of live show albums off their website), hosted 7 three day festivals where only they played, have sold out every single show they have ever played, no matter what the size of the venue, regularly played 10 months of the years every year for 10 - 15 years, have the respect of many bands and guitar players from all genres of music ranging from bluegrass/country/rock/indie/rap, had their tickets scalped for as much as $1000 for just 1 of their shows, are only four people who can create such a sound that they do, are a jam band who have never covered a single dead song, rolling stone magazine called them the "most important band of the nineties," have a ben and jerry's ice named after them which donates part of the proceeds to a vermont charity, each band member formed their own succesful side project (some two), have songs on rock band video game, have a tickets by mail order process thus bypassing ticketmaster and livenation, have fan-run charitable organizations dedicated to music education for children which have announced two $5,000 grants a year, all members are mental giants who all have their doctorates, have received a lifetime acheivement award, a cult following in the millions by now that will tour with them no matter where they go, be it anywhere in the states or other countries, been on the simpsons.
No one's ever went broke underestimating the intelligence or taste of the American people. 80% of your argument could be copy+paste'd for Brittany Spears.

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 01:45:17 pm »
LOL do you hipsters need to take over every single thread? 
No, man, not at all. Instead of talking about hipster crap, we could've trashed phish and their druggie, poor dimestore fans for 7-8 pages. You never know how things'll turn out.

azaghal1981

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 01:47:14 pm »
احمد