Author Topic: Brett Favre Back  (Read 3902 times)

wml7

Brett Favre Back
« on: August 18, 2009, 03:27:05 pm »
Why can't he just stay retired all this nonsense is just making his legacy look bad

walkonby

Re: Brett Favre Back
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 03:29:28 pm »
Why can't he just stay retired all this nonsense is just making his legacy look bad

maybe he should kill some dogs . . . that always works!

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 10:41:56 pm »
sportsguy33: New nickname for Brett Favre: "VD." We can't get rid of him.

27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 08:20:49 am »
and it's any different than any number of bands that "retire", i.e. The Rolling Stones or KISS?
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 10:15:54 am »
Never understood people's problem with Favre retiring and unretiring.. who cares?

He's still good to play albeit a half season... at least he was.. why are people so eager to retire him? I'd like to see him play as long as possible/capable

ANd you got to admit those two Packers/Vikings games are going to be fun!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 12:30:44 pm »
no those two games are going to be the opposite of fun, we'll just have to hear about brett farve the whole week before

i was a brett favre apologist for most of his career.  now i hate him like a raven
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 12:43:35 pm »
and it's any different than any number of bands that "retire", i.e. The Rolling Stones or KISS?

Those bands don't get the same kind of constant coverage on music dedicated channels.  The hype and ridiculous coverage surrounding this on the sports channels is simply unstomachable.

I'm with godsshoeshine.  I hate him now (well, I've hated him for the last 2-3 years), but still.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 12:51:10 pm »
I save my "hate" for something a little more worthwhile than an american football player wanting to play american football

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 01:01:10 pm by hutch »

godsshoeshine

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 01:02:04 pm »

Those bands don't get the same kind of constant coverage on music dedicated channels.  The hype and ridiculous coverage surrounding this on the sports channels is simply unstomachable.

I'm with godsshoeshine.  I hate him now (well, I've hated him for the last 2-3 years), but still.
oh i'm with you on the 2-3 year part
o/\o

wml7

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 01:08:59 pm »
the reason its ridiculous is because how fair is it for him to hold these ridiculous press conferences boo hooing and saying I'm done and there is no way I'm coming back.  He misses training camp and everything.  The two current quaterback, yes they suck but have been trying all summer to get the starting job and then all of a sudden he is like I want to play and hes back.  They both lose out.  It's just a little disrespectful and comical  ;D

hutch

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 01:15:48 pm »
the reason its ridiculous is because how fair is it for him to hold these ridiculous press conferences boo hooing and saying I'm done and there is no way I'm coming back.  He misses training camp and everything.  The two current quaterback, yes they suck but have been trying all summer to get the starting job and then all of a sudden he is like I want to play and hes back.  They both lose out.  It's just a little disrespectful and comical  ;D

Actually he does better in missing training camp... Fact is last few seasons he seems to only be good for about half... He'd have done even better to stay retired until week six!

I think the way the media has been writing this story - much like they did with Bonds- since he unretired with Green Bay is the reason everyone has turned into such a hater forgetting the more important aspects of Favre: the fact that he never misses a start and leaves his guts on the field, the fact that say what you will he is exciting to watch...,etc.....

Like I said I don't see the problem.. if you're a football player you can retire and unretire as much as you want...The NFL is better with him in it... Getting bent out of shape about a press conference is for suckers! Don't watch!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 06:19:01 pm »
To "hate" an athlete for anything sports-related is ridiculous, I'll agree with Hutch on that. That said, it's extremely annoying to see Brett Favre have this outrageous narcissism. Alot of people love on Brett Favre because they act like he has this unbridled love of the sport and is like a little kid, just flinging the ball around having fun, but these last couple of years we've grown to see his true motivation for EVERYTHING he does (retiring, un-retiring, changing teams, retiring again simply to get released, signing in division so he can play the Packers twice this year, fake-staying retired then having the coach pick him up at the airport personally) is egotism and childish petty-ness. And those traits are what makes me pretty "ugh" about the guy.

Then again, I'm a little biased perhaps because I always thought he was a bit over-rated. A HoF QB? Obviously. One of the top 5-8 QBs of all-time? LOL, no.

vansmack

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 09:28:08 pm »
I start by hating everybody equally.  It's my love you have to earn.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 10:19:36 pm »
I start by hating everybody equally.  It's my love you have to earn.

tell me about it.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 10:27:49 pm »
you all do know this was a timed plant story for people to shut the fuck up about vick.