Author Topic: Naam/Entrance Band  (Read 1379 times)

thirsty moore

Naam/Entrance Band
« on: August 26, 2009, 02:22:50 pm »
Anyone check this show out at the Black Cat? I went for The Entrance Band after I saw them open up for Sonic Youth. Naam was excellent. Didn't stick around for Nebula.

BookerT

Re: Naam/Entrance Band
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 02:38:47 pm »
entrance band was pretty awesome. that last song, "grim reaper blues," is really a rager.

during naam's set i could see this girl in front of me sending a text message to a friend. it said:

"please help me kill myself. giselle talked me into seeing this sucky band at an all ages club. the band looks like grizzly adams on acid."

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 02:40:45 pm »
"please help me kill myself. giselle talked me into seeing this sucky band at an all ages club. the band looks like grizzly adams on acid."

post of the week?
(o|o)

thirsty moore

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 03:50:31 pm »
They could have played that last song for an hour and I would have been happy. Naam seriously killed it though. I wasn't expecting much but was really happy with their set. Grizzly Adams and all.

entrance band was pretty awesome. that last song, "grim reaper blues," is really a rager.

andyrichter

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 07:54:38 pm »
I went.  Naam fucking destroyed by the end of their set.  Wish I had more money so I could've bought some merch.  Entrance Band ruled just as hard.  Last song was indeed killer.  I can't wait to pick up the new cd.  And LOL @ the guy in the front who snapped like 50 pics of Paz and 1 of the lead singer until she gave him the "hey perv, you're done" signal.