Author Topic: Going to Super Furry Animals in NY or NJ?  (Read 16949 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: Going to Super Furry Animals in NY or NJ?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 06:33:31 pm »
thanks for the heads up! i checked them out - and am so not into them. must decide if id rather just hear them or show up late.

neverwhere, I remember you wondering about an opener too.

The venue's website lists it as a local band called Real Estate.  I'll give them a listen later tonight.
HeyLa

azaghal1981

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 11:05:29 pm »
I kinda like what little I've heard of Real Estate.
احمد

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 11:21:59 pm »
They're not bad.  Not mind-blowing, but they seem like they'll be a nice, chill opener for SFA.  And I figured this show would have a local band open, seeing as it's essentially a one-off. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 11:39:20 pm »
No, nothing special but decent for what they are. Similar to that Ducktails dude.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 11:42:07 pm »
Real Mehstate
<sig>

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 05:17:29 am »
I'll be at one/both of those SFA shows. I kind of lost track of my September calendar, so I'm playing everything by ear week-of. I live up here though, so...so much for that cheap gas option.

Megabus / Boltbus it!
Woof.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 11:28:37 am »
I'll be at one/both of those SFA shows. I kind of lost track of my September calendar, so I'm playing everything by ear week-of. I live up here though, so...so much for that cheap gas option.

Megabus / Boltbus it!
I wish I could have taken Megabus.  But I'm leaving from Richmond, and when considering the cost/effort necessary in getting from Richmond to DC to catch the Megabus, it just made more sense to book the Greyhound from Richmond.

Zaphod

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 12:09:08 pm »
bus is lookin good thanks for the input.  what time you gettin there gaaaaaaaaah?  best to get to the club by subway or taxi or what?

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 12:23:00 pm »
My bus is scheduled to get to NYC around 3, I believe.  I'm not sure how I'll get from the Greyhound station to the show.  It's only a mile and a half or so, if I remember correctly.  I've never been to New York, so I might just walk it. 

For any NYC regulars/residents, how late would the Subway be running after the show?  As of now, my return trip (was gonna stay with a friend, that didn't work out) leaves NYC at 1:45 AM Saturday.  I'm hoping I can catch the Subway after the show.  Possible?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 08:42:17 pm »
Subway runs all night. Noob :)
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 10:52:45 pm »
I'd find something to do after the show. You won't want to wait in that bus station for over two hours.
احمد

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 12:12:24 am »
Subway runs all night. Noob :)
Thanks.  Rookie question, I'll admit.  But good to know.

Even if the show ends around midnight, I'll have plenty of time to get to the station, which is my main concern.  So I'll look into something to do to kill some time.

Does this mean the Greyhound station is a less than desirable place to wait for a long amount of time?

azaghal1981

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 12:21:18 am »
It's not dangerous or anything; just unpleasant.

You're bound to find something more enjoyable than waiting in a gross bus station (the gate is in the basement and you're forced to either stand or sit on a dirty floor while you're waiting down there with no phone service) in NYC. I never have a problem doing so, at least.
احمد

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2009, 12:35:20 am »
Hmm...good to know, thanks.

I'll find something.  Looks like an easy and quick subway trip from the venue to the station, so it looks as if I shan't be rushed for time.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 12:23:46 pm »
you can catch the a/c/e to 14th and just walk west (towards the water). its not exactly 'close' to the subway as someone once commented to me - but I live out on 10th avenue (its all relative).

subways run 24/7 but as it gets later in the eve the service has been sucking lately. theres a lot of work being done, so just make sure the one you need is running at that time (and if all else fails theres the cab solution or just walking). its safe enough to walk around this city.

HeyLa