Author Topic: zz top?!?  (Read 18514 times)

snailhook

zz top?!?
« on: September 03, 2009, 06:39:04 pm »
i can't go to this (becasue i'm broke and driving marshall allen to ATP), but if i could, i'd be fucking STOKED.  anybody else here excited about this?  zz top never play venues this small, at least not in major cities.

azaghal1981

Re: zz top?!?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 07:27:30 pm »
I should be at at least one show. It'll be a trip.
احمد

snailhook

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 07:30:10 pm »
believe it or not, i love zz top's 1970-1979 material, and i think eliminator is a great pop record.  i don't listen to their records post-1984, but they've always been an entertaining live band, and seeing them at the 930 would kick ass.  i bet they'll be better than that shitty sex pistols reunion i saw in 2003.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 07:44:07 pm »
I'm entirely pyched for this show. I'm in for sunday, and might be there on monday if it's really great. The price tag is higher than I would have liked but it's entirely worth it: legendary band in the smallest venue of the tour. Looking forward to crossing these guys off my "must see" list.

I'm a little afraid of how much my bar tab will be that night... ::)
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 07:54:39 pm »
i can't go to this because i'm driving marshall allen to ATP

sure, that's the oldest excuse in the book!

mekmad

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 10:00:17 pm »
Didn't someone say that Joe Perry was opening up?  Guess thats not the case.  I guess I will ask my camera & showtime questions in the FAQ forum.  Wondering if I can take the metro since beer and shots will be flowing I think.

azaghal1981

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 10:19:58 pm »
Are the Arkestra playing ATP?

Edit: I just looked over the ATP schedule and have to say that it pales in comparison to last years. Why so much adult-contempoindie filler?

The Oneida thing and Boris playing Feedbacker and the Caribou thing all look intriguing, though. David Cross->Jesus Lizard is also a nice way to cap off a night.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:48:16 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 05:10:28 am »
Didn't someone say that Joe Perry was opening up?  Guess thats not the case.  I guess I will ask my camera & showtime questions in the FAQ forum.  Wondering if I can take the metro since beer and shots will be flowing I think.

At one point it was speculated that Joe Perry Project would open.  Looks like their production is running quite a bit different than planned.  Plus Joe's "other band" is having some pretty hard core internal issues right now.  So JPP opening for ZZ is a no go AFAIK.  However JPP will be having their own tour soon enough.  I really hope that hits the club.
FUKIT

TheREALHunter

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 09:04:41 am »
I got tickets for Monday night, I'm wagering that they'll do the same setlist both nights and figure by the 2nd night they'll be more settled in.

azaghal1981

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 09:19:29 am »
Yeah, I was leaning on the side of Monday, too.
احمد

Relaxer

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 09:37:40 am »
I've been such a bum this year on seeing anything this year that I'm cockblocking on this because it will pretty much mean the only bands I saw this year were Antony & the Johnsons and ZZTop.

Actually, maybe that's kind of rad. It hasn't sold out as it? I grew up on Tres Hombres big-time.

Only reservation is the price and that pretty lame 08 live disc that came out.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 10:44:27 am »

Edit: I just looked over the ATP schedule and have to say that it pales in comparison to last years. Why so much adult-contempoindie filler?

The Oneida thing and Boris playing Feedbacker and the Caribou thing all look intriguing, though. David Cross->Jesus Lizard is also a nice way to cap off a night.

wrong thread?
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 10:49:09 am »
he likes to hijack a thread from time to time...his question was directed to snailhook....

;D

wrong thread?
(_|_)

nkotb

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 10:51:02 am »
Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Allen

he likes to hijack a thread from time to time...his question was directed to snailhook....

;D

wrong thread?

azaghal1981

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 11:01:33 am »
We need to start counting Joe's attempted digs that result in  epic fails.

And yeah Sweetcell, that question was directed at Snailhook in reference to Marshall Allen.
احمد