Author Topic: U2 Roll Call  (Read 27344 times)

lagas

Re: U2 Roll Call
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2009, 09:33:38 am »
as promised/threatened, pix from last night: http://www.flickr.com/photos/68865102@N00/sets/72157622366872981/ (includes setlist)

i'm also uploading to picasa but that will take another half hour or so thanks to this hotel's crap interwebs connection.

cool pics...good show
zorra

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2009, 10:28:04 am »
yup, should be pulling outta town around 2'ish.  i've never been to c'ville/uva, looking forward to walking around campus a little.  if anyone has a recommendation for things to check out, please share.

what's up with the nose-holding, eros?  you a hoakie? (if so, sorry to hear that... ya know what UVA and VTech students have in common?  they all applied to UVA :P)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 10:30:28 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

eros

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2009, 01:58:12 pm »
Much better performance and experience than FedEx IMO.  Could be because we splurged on the "red zone" tickets which gave an excellent view.  Way less crowded and way less drunken a-holes there.

"Ultraviolet" should be in every U2 show.

ʎɐʍou

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2009, 03:02:29 pm »
Much better performance and experience than FedEx IMO.  Could be because we splurged on the "red zone" tickets which gave an excellent view.  Way less crowded and way less drunken a-holes there.

last night's show was all kinds of weird, in a mostly good way.  i agree, it was a better performance but i liked the crowd at fedex better: more energy, better sing-alongs, etc.  i didn't have any drunk asshole issues on tuesday so that contributed to my positive perceptions, sorry that you had to deal with them eros (btw, we should meet up next time we hit one of these...).  i think the band was trying a tad harder last night to connect with the crowd, they were a little more relaxed/less intense in DC.  same went for muse - better last night.

c'ville was nowhere near sold out.  i'm pretty sure you could have walked up and bought a field GA ticket at the venue, something that i suspect is relatively unheard of at U2 shows.  the lower bowl was full but the upper deck was only 70-80% occupied.  in both the field and the inner circle (pit) there was a lot of space between people, relatively speaking.  i've never had an easier time of getting front and center at such a big show. 

had red zone tix again.  spent the DC show almost entirely in the red zone, only moving to the pit for the encores.  this time we went straight in to the pit.  we could have gotten to the rail, lots of space to move around (again, relatively speaking) but we didn't want to 'cause that would be rude and with an 8 foot high stage, rail isn't desirable anyways. 

they sold no alcohol at the show, which turned out to be a blessing of sorts.  no beer/bathroom runs, fewer drunk assholes (still lots of one-shot airplane bottles floating about) and it made the drive back easier for me.  not sure i'd want that for every show, but for a road trip like c'ville it worked out.

we didn't have a parking pass so we paid someone $20 to park on their lawn, a thriving business in the neighborhood immediately to the south of the stadium.  had an absolute BLAST partying with our "hosts" who were the image of southern hospitality.  they really added to the experience.  i strongly encourage folks to check out the neighborhoods around fontaine ave.  it was a fun street-party scene, everyone was out partying and having a good time - even some older folks who had no idea who U2 were.

the "i'll go crazy" remix was still amazing.  loved it.

damn tired today.  more pix later.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:07:09 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

leafblower

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2009, 11:16:01 am »
Fed Ex Field photos:

Muse:
http://photokyle.com/photoblog/2009/10/photos-muse-fedex-field/

U2
http://photokyle.com/photoblog/2009/10/photos-u2-fedex-field/

Thought Muse owned.  U2 were kind of meh.  Not in love with the setlist.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2009, 04:35:04 pm »
Does anyone know if U2 uses prerecorded tracks when they play live.  I swear the piano parts of Breathe were played, and it sounded like there were keyboards in Mysterious Ways.  I didn't see anyone playing these parts live.

hutch

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2009, 05:04:56 pm »
Does anyone know if U2 uses prerecorded tracks when they play live.  I swear the piano parts of Breathe were played, and it sounded like there were keyboards in Mysterious Ways.  I didn't see anyone playing these parts live.

There is a keyboard/piano player UNDERNEATH THE STAGE..

They also use other prerecorded tracks....

Other than that its live though... :D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2009, 05:19:14 pm »
hutch beat me to it, that's what i've heard too - they have a session guy somewhere backstage playing keys. 

they are definitely playing to tape during the "i'll go crazy" remix.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2009, 10:31:22 pm »
haven't had a chance to sort through my c'ville pix (yeah, i know, you're all holding your breath), but got these to share:

http://media.fanfire.com/images/adserver/u2/redzone/U2WashingtonDCdesktop.jpg

http://media.fanfire.com/images/adserver/u2/redzone/U2CharlottesvilleDesktop.jpg

(very high res, about 2.5 MB each)
<sig>

NilThree

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2009, 01:26:56 am »
hutch beat me to it, that's what i've heard too - they have a session guy somewhere backstage playing keys. 

they are definitely playing to tape during the "i'll go crazy" remix.

EDIT: I said something, but I think it was wrong.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 01:29:37 am by NilThree »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2009, 06:21:48 pm »
this Sunday the band's 360° Show at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena will be filmed for a dvd.

As they're drafting in more cameras to create a great film, the band has decided to allow it to be streamed live on YouTube.

It'll be officially announced later today but at 8.30pm (PT) on Sunday, wherever you are in the world don't miss the chance to see the show live and uninterrupted online.

http://youtube.com/u2
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2009, 02:46:11 pm »
now accepting applications for the 2010 U2 roll call:

6 June, 2010:  Angel Stadium Anaheim CA
12 June, 2010:  Invesco Field Denver CO
16 June, 2010:  Oakland Coliseum Oakland CA (presale starts tomorrow)
20 June, 2010:  Qwest Field Seattle WA
23 June, 2010:  Commonwealth Stadium Edmonton AB (presale starts tomorrow)
30 June, 2010:  Spartan Stadium East Lansing MI
3 July, 2010:  Rogers Centre Toronto ON (presale starts tomorrow)
6 July, 2010:  Soldier Field Chicago IL
9 July, 2010:  Land Shark Stadium Miami FL
12 July, 2010:  Lincoln Financial Field Philadelphia PA
16 July, 2010:  Venue TBA Montreal QC
19 July, 2010:  New Meadowlands Stadium New York NY

(pure speculation, but i wouldn't be surprised if they added more dates... especially in anaheim).
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2009, 03:16:10 pm »
Anaheim is my only chance as the World Cup runs right up against this and the chances of me being stateside are slim...
27>34

hemisphire

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2009, 03:21:53 pm »
Don't forget there's this Friday in NYC, I'm going...

Vas Deferens

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2009, 04:40:17 pm »
is there really a need to see U2 more than once every 3 years?
(_|_)