Author Topic: Yet Another List  (Read 5662 times)

Yet Another List
« on: August 02, 2006, 04:50:00 pm »
www.hillmanwonders.com

How many have you seen?

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Yet Another List
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 05:16:00 pm »
20, and can cross San Francisco off in a couple of weeks =)

i'm still pissed off i never got over to angkor wat when i was in thailand, it looks amazing
(o|o)

walkonby

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 06:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:

i'm still pissed off i never got over to angkor wat when i was in thailand, it looks amazing
dude . . . be lucky you didn't go to angkor.  you would of been transported to another place and time, one that is outside our need to know the seal that connects mount meru.  and the slushies aren't that great, either.

distance

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 06:05:00 pm »
 blah.

Tom Servo

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 06:15:00 pm »
14.  Lived in Indonesia for 2 years but never made it to Borobudur.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 07:44:00 am »

I've led a sheltered existence.  Why the Petronas towers and not the Sears Tower?  Where is the St.Louis gateway arch...how many of you have been to the top?  Prague may be scenic, but Ursynów is a dystopian wonder that begs to be experienced.  And what about Newark?

Relaxer

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 08:38:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:

Angkor Wat is *amazing*. And actually there are more than a hundred temples in that area, and while Angkor Wat is the 'hollywood' temple, there are others that are more impressive (and less crowded with people).

I've been to at least 33 things on the list. It might be one or two more, because I can't remember everything.
oword

Guiny

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 08:53:00 am »
Been to one, San Franscisco.  WOW.

ratioci nation

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 09:13:00 am »
Originally posted by The Bombay Doors:
   Where is the St.Louis gateway arch...how many of you have been to the top?
ooooh, me me me

xcanuck

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 09:15:00 am »
13. Pretty mediocre. I'll be able to add the Great Wall of China, Forbidden City, and Qin Terra Cotta Warriors next week, though.

How you could have St Marks or St Basil's Cathedral yet not include Sagrada Familia in Barcelona is beyond me. And there are the Mayan ruins at Tikal. Amazing.

An interesting list.

brennser

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 09:27:00 am »
16....thank god I lived in Egypt for 6 months, otherwise it would have been much worse!

wxdude

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 09:32:00 am »
26 for me, most recently the Hermitage which was amazing. I'll be up to 30 after my next trip in the spring.

edbert

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 09:43:00 am »
Only 11, with maybe 10 or so more that interest me.
 Most aren't worth the expense and hassle of getting to.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 10:17:00 am »

I've led a sheltered existence.  Why the Petronas towers and not the Sears Tower?  Where is the St.Louis gateway arch...how many of you have been to the top?  Prague may be scenic, but Ursynów is a dystopian wonder that begs to be experienced.  And what about Newark?
Same here and the really embarrassing part is that I use to be a travel agent.

Seems they concentrated in some areas while totally ignoring others. Could have helped some of us rack up a few extra points. What about Wailea(sp?) Falls in Kona, Hawaii or New Orleans before it sank? Hey, what about the US Capitol or other DC area sites? We take it for granted but others come from many, many miles just to see those things.

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 10:45:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguar:

Same here and the really embarrassing part is that I use to be a travel agent.

Seems they concentrated in some areas while totally ignoring others. Could have helped some of us rack up a few extra points. What about Wailea(sp?) Falls in Kona, Hawaii or New Orleans before it sank? Hey, what about the US Capitol or other DC area sites? We take it for granted but others come from many, many miles just to see those things. [/b]
Amen sister!