Author Topic: If you think MGMT sucks live, you are an idiot  (Read 9030 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

If you think MGMT sucks live, you are an idiot
« on: September 20, 2009, 10:00:56 pm »
Granted, if you think they suck, you're not going to like them live. But they were freaking AWESOME at the Kia event. Played all the hits. Played a couple new songs. Small crowd, place was JUMPING. Too bad they don't actually play the instruments on Kids, because that would make the song even better. Time to Pretend is just one of the sweetest live songs and Of Moons, Birds and Monsters is totally underrated.

I wish they had played Roger. God, I love that song. Totally worth the trip out to BFE NY Ave to score these FREE tickets. RACK KIA!

James Ford

Re: If you think MGMT sucks live, you are an idiot
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 07:58:00 am »
Wish I had been there. I fuckin love it when bands don't play their instruments.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 08:01:20 am »
The fact that TMUL enjoyed the show pretty much cements the fact that MGMT sucks live.
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 08:57:48 am »
oword

wml7

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 09:29:43 am »
aww  ;D

Got Haggis?

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 10:14:44 am »
Wish I had been there. I fuckin love it when bands don't play their instruments.

haha!

MonkeyPants

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 12:41:13 pm »
I <3 this thread.

I was there.  MGMT are not compelling live performers.  They are far from being a great live band, but the show was fun and it was free, so I have no complaints.
PANTS

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 01:04:17 pm »
relaxer posts a cute cat picture . . . that moves.  god this relaxer person gives me one hell of a boner.

azaghal1981

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 01:23:43 pm »
Somehow I think MyraEllen's review is more accurate.
احمد

mahimahi1414

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 03:40:30 pm »
I didn't think there were terrible. The front man seemed lacking. He didn't have much stage presence nor did he connect with the crowd. I was right up front with a bunch of screaming high schools girls and he didn't even so much as acknowledge them. They were below average but not nearly one of the worst acts I've ever seen. If they did another free show I would go.

walkonby

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 03:46:30 pm »
and for some reason, wml7 always puts a  ;D  in each post, as if  ;D  was wml7's signature signature.  sometimes it is annoying, other times it is confusing . . . but most of the time it is  ;D.

James Ford

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 03:51:24 pm »
I didn't think there were terrible. The front man seemed lacking. He didn't have much stage presence nor did he connect with the crowd. I was right up front with a bunch of screaming high schools girls and he didn't even so much as acknowledge them. They were below average but not nearly one of the worst acts I've ever seen. If they did another free show I would go.

Do you think that if it were a bunch of screaming high school boys, it would have made a difference?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 04:17:05 pm »
and for some reason, wml7 always puts a  ;D  in each post, as if  ;D  was wml7's signature signature.  sometimes it is annoying, other times it is confusing . . . but most of the time it is  ;D.

;D is always ;D
<sig>

mahimahi1414

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 04:19:16 pm »

Do you think that if it were a bunch of screaming high school boys, it would have made a difference?

No... I was just commenting that he failed to even attempt to notice his audience. It was like they were playing to tv cameras.

wml7

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 04:22:41 pm »

great, just great