Author Topic: Allman Brothers/Widespread Panic  (Read 2633 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Allman Brothers/Widespread Panic
« on: October 07, 2009, 11:13:00 am »
I know these guys aren't on the "hip" scale for many on this board, but I have to say
that was some of the most amazing guitar work I have seen.  Jimmy Herring, Dereck Trucks and Warren Haynes - doesn't get much better than that.

walkonby

Re: Allman Brothers/Widespread Panic
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 02:53:15 pm »
you should of gone to charlotte.  sat night was no warren due to airplane failures, so jimmy stood in for the allmans with passionate furor, plus gregg on guitar for most of the set.  sun was the night, though.  widespread threw down early (have to say . . . panic is not an opening band or complete as a 2 hour show)  before allmans came out and flat out blew me away.  third or fourth time seeing them and never did much for me before sunday.  i finally see the power of warren.  and a screen behind the band showing forty years of the band's history in pictures then a tribute to duane and allen woody followed by live show shots of duane and woody blended in with warren and derek on stage.  f-ing awesome!  and they played g-mule's soulshine with greg singing it.  so nice.  i heard people around me afterwards say that sunday was the best allmans show they've ever seen.

but last night was a blast.  sunny and jb coming out on guilded splinters was down right a huge highlight.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 02:55:10 pm by walkonby »

walkonby

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 03:09:20 pm »
and i saw thatguy and madgypsy at the 932 thing, looking as bored as two guys who would show up for a ramones show, just to have them cancel and kanye west fill in.

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 03:10:36 pm »
plus i'm the only one who will posst in the threadd.  i like that.