Author Topic: Blitzen Trapper Ottobar  (Read 3209 times)

wml7

Blitzen Trapper Ottobar
« on: October 10, 2009, 08:27:53 am »
Anyone catch them before in concert?  Might head out there to check them out.  Titus Andronicus is playing here in Charlottesville so it's a toss up between them two.  Hmmmmm ::)

azaghal1981

Re: Blitzen Trapper Ottobar
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 09:53:53 am »
I saw them at the BC a little over a year and a half ago and was underwhelmed for the most part. It was when Fleet Foxes opened for them.
احمد

wml7

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 10:31:01 am »
Well I've decided to hit up Titus instead maybe catch Blitzen some other time.  ;D

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 10:41:56 am »
Blitzen Trapper are not very good live, but Titus Andronicus are even worse. It's just a loud mess.
(_|_)

BookerT

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 10:50:16 am »
not that TA is any great shakes, but i'm not sure blitzen trapper is anywhere close to "drive out of state to see them" level, although who knows how the "great, just great" mind of wm7 works. i think wye oak is opening for them, though, and they are pretty good. only time i saw blitzen trapper was at rock hotel a a few years ago and i was whelmed, neither over nor under. saw TA at rock hotel and it was a collapsing upon itself mess, but then next time at BC opening for ... someone? ... they got their shit together a little better. i doubt you'll give a fuck about either band in 18 months but hey, same w/most bands in every thread!!

wml7

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 11:14:14 am »
Yes Wye Oak is opening up and they are pretty good.  As for Titus being a loud mess I haven't heard of that lately because I think they have finally got their shit together as Booker would say but we'll see tonight  ;D

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 11:20:36 am »
the "great, just great" mind of wm7

I think of him as Wml7 the Great

(Because you need some sort of sound pronunciation in your mind while reading, I always pronounce 'wml7' as 'William'; hence William the Great.)  ;D

wml7

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 11:24:04 am »
the "great, just great" mind of wm7

I think of him as Wml7 the Great

(Because you need some sort of sound pronunciation in your mind while reading, I always pronounce 'wml7' as 'William'; hence William the Great.)  ;D

;D

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 01:15:43 pm »
i really enjoyed blitzen trapper's set at pitchfork this summer. i also really enjoy blitzen trapper. *shrug* i thought about going to this show, but don't want to go to the ottobar.
nothx

Bagley

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 02:23:28 pm »
Seemed like BT just went through the motions at their black cat gig earlier this year.....might as well crank up their discs at home

Vas Deferens

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 02:49:54 pm »
good thing Alela Diane opened the show with a great set. otherwise, it would have been a total waste of time and money.

Seemed like BT just went through the motions at their black cat gig earlier this year.....might as well crank up their discs at home
(_|_)

jonblaze

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 06:54:33 pm »
Did we all go to the same show?  I loved their gig at the Black Cat.  Best sounding show I've heard in a while, too.

wml7

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 09:45:49 am »
Titus was great last night.  The first song I couldn't hear the singer and it was all noise.  I laughed thinking what Hello Sunshine said it was going to be a loud mess and thinking great, just great.  But after the first song you could hear the vocals and they sounded great.  Very energetic.  Good show  ;D