Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3223073 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8370 on: August 09, 2017, 04:52:41 pm »
Was there last month. Nowhere near 15 hours. And, yes, you do wait in line for shelfies there.

Less than $17 each is a fine deal all things considered. Personally, it's a bit of a gamble as its probably Arthur or another common beer that I dont really need at the moment.

Space Freely

« Reply #8371 on: August 10, 2017, 09:26:23 am »
Another sellout.

Constellation Strengthens its Position in High-End Beer
 VICTOR, N.Y., Aug. 10, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Constellation Brands, Inc. (NYSE:STZ) (NYSE:STZ.B), a leading beverage alcohol company, announced today its purchase of Florida-based Funky Buddha Brewery, reinforcing its strategy to lead the high-end beer segment in the United States. Funky Buddha is the fastest growing craft brewery in Florida, and produces bold craft beers made with high quality ingredients. It has an award-winning portfolio led by Floridian Hefeweizen and Hop Gun IPA. Funky Buddha joins Constellation's Craft & Specialty Beer Group in the beer division.

Yada

« Reply #8372 on: August 10, 2017, 09:32:26 am »
Was there last month. Nowhere near 15 hours. And, yes, you do wait in line for shelfies there.

Less than $17 each is a fine deal all things considered. Personally, it's a bit of a gamble as its probably Arthur or another common beer that I dont really need at the moment.

I've never actually had a bad experience getting bottles there, just growlers.... however, post expansion it wasn't really bad for growlers.

Another sellout.

Constellation Strengthens its Position in High-End Beer
 VICTOR, N.Y., Aug. 10, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Constellation Brands, Inc. (NYSE:STZ) (NYSE:STZ.B), a leading beverage alcohol company, announced today its purchase of Florida-based Funky Buddha Brewery, reinforcing its strategy to lead the high-end beer segment in the United States. Funky Buddha is the fastest growing craft brewery in Florida, and produces bold craft beers made with high quality ingredients. It has an award-winning portfolio led by Floridian Hefeweizen and Hop Gun IPA. Funky Buddha joins Constellation's Craft & Specialty Beer Group in the beer division.

Meh... who cares! Even their *GOOD* beers were just ok, IMO.

Space Freely

« Reply #8373 on: August 10, 2017, 09:46:26 am »

I've never actually had a bad experience getting bottles there, just growlers.... however, post expansion it wasn't really bad for growlers.

Did you go on a weekday or the weekend? My brother is going through there for the first time on an upstate New York to (Acadia) Maine and back road trip and wondering what advice he needs in regard to HF,the Alchemist, and grabbing some Lawson's.

Side note: I tried to convince him to hit a bunch of Maine breweries, but he's only hitting Allagash, Maine Beer Company, and some crappy place up near Acadia. Hell, he should at least hit Bissell Brothers and (right across the street from Allagash) Austin Street and Foundation too.

Yada

« Reply #8374 on: August 10, 2017, 09:50:15 am »

Did you go on a weekday or the weekend? My brother is going through there for the first time on an upstate New York to (Acadia) Maine and back road trip and wondering what advice he needs in regard to HF,the Alchemist, and grabbing some Lawson's.

Side note: I tried to convince him to hit a bunch of Maine breweries, but he's only hitting Allagash, Maine Beer Company, and some crappy place up near Acadia. Hell, he should at least hit Bissell Brothers and (right across the street from Allagash) Austin Street and Foundation too.

Is your brother riding in the back of my car? I'm taking a very similar trip in the coming days.

The last time I was at HF was a Friday. Lawson's you can purchase at basically any store in Vermont with a decent beer selection. Heady as far as I know these days isn't tough to get, but it's brewery only.

I'd suggest he goes to Trillium (canton location) and load up on shit loads of beer (typically four to six styles, high limits, low lines) and skip out on some of those mediocre Maine stops.

Space Freely

« Reply #8375 on: August 10, 2017, 10:02:08 am »

Is your brother riding in the back of my car? I'm taking a very similar trip in the coming days.

The last time I was at HF was a Friday. Lawson's you can purchase at basically any store in Vermont with a decent beer selection. Heady as far as I know these days isn't tough to get, but it's brewery only.

I'd suggest he goes to Trillium (canton location) and load up on shit loads of beer (typically four to six styles, high limits, low lines) and skip out on some of those mediocre Maine stops.

He is driving from Ithaca to New Hampshire, then up the coast. Then back to Ithaca via Vermont. Hence, I think he will miss Trillium.

However, it does look like Tree House is on his route. Hence, I just emailed him to tell him that he HAS to go there. But of course, he won't, because he's a stubborn a-hole who thinks he knows it all. He is going to fucking Smuttynose though.

Yada

« Reply #8376 on: August 10, 2017, 10:04:33 am »
LOL.

Dem smuttynose whalez.

Space Freely

« Reply #8377 on: August 10, 2017, 10:04:58 am »
Speaking of Trillium, have I ever told the story of how I once took several co-workers to the original Trillium tasting room, back before the new place existed, when the old place still did free tastings? All of my co-workers, except one, hated the beer there. One of them still picks on me for my "poor taste in beer" to this day.

Fuckem.

« Reply #8378 on: August 10, 2017, 10:18:58 am »
. But of course, he won't, because he's a stubborn a-hole who thinks he knows it all.
wait were you talking about yourself in the third person there?
slack

Bagley

« Reply #8379 on: August 10, 2017, 10:35:41 am »
After all these years, I finally discovered the Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Extra on draft, no less.  Delicious DIPA with a nice carmelly malt backbone. Dangerous at 8.5 abv. Got me a crowler...

Space Freely

« Reply #8380 on: August 10, 2017, 10:39:18 am »
. But of course, he won't, because he's a stubborn a-hole who thinks he knows it all.
wait were you talking about yourself in the third person there?

Haha. There's a lot I don't know much about. But I do know if you like beer and are driving across the Mass Turnpike, you sure as fuck better be stopping at Tree House. Unless you don't really like beer after all.

« Reply #8381 on: August 10, 2017, 11:09:08 am »
Haha. There's a lot I don't know much about.
#humblespace
slack

vansmack

« Reply #8382 on: August 11, 2017, 12:07:07 pm »
Magnolia Brewing Company, which has a restaurant a stone's throw from Chateau de Smackie, was bought out of bankruptcy by New Belgium yesterday.

Turn that place into a New Belgium tasting room and Smackie will drink more beer.
27>34

« Reply #8383 on: August 12, 2017, 03:38:21 pm »
Mmm... Had some Love child #8 by boulevard..  so good
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #8384 on: August 12, 2017, 04:49:56 pm »
Mmm... Had some Love child #8 by boulevard..  so good

Indeed it is. Super sour, a definite sipper.

I actually had it on draft at Max's in Baltimore. I love Max's and how they basically charge the same price for 12 ounces of Love Child and 16 ounces of Two Hearted. I think they soak the bros on the everyday beers so they can keep the premium beer prices reasonable. Kudos to them for that...