Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181723 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9570 on: November 22, 2019, 10:20:54 am »
NRGs taplist in NYC is pretty amazing. I can only imagine the space ratio being completely blown out of the water up there.

is there a reason you always have to be so cryptic
like just name the bar or put in a link
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9571 on: November 22, 2019, 10:30:00 am »
NRGs taplist in NYC is pretty amazing. I can only imagine the space ratio being completely blown out of the water up there.

I'm not Yada but I can say that sometimes I've held back on posting info on the internet if I wanted to keep it a secret.  But I don't think there's a need to keep the name of a new beer bar in NYC with a great taplist secret from a half dozen middle aged men in the DMV.

https://untappd.com/v/the-grand-delancey/9523460

« Reply #9572 on: November 22, 2019, 10:32:49 am »

I'm not Yada but I can say that sometimes I've held back on posting info on the internet if I wanted to keep it a secret.  But I don't think there's a need to keep the name of a new beer bar in NYC with a great taplist secret from a half dozen middle aged men in the DMV.

https://untappd.com/v/the-grand-delancey/9523460
thanks...I did a bunch of searches on NRG bar NYC and articles about NRG and even the NRG website and there was no info
that is a pretty impressive tap list

I know it's sad...but I get most of my Beer related info here, I have no interest in these other sites forums
Like for a while, I only got my news from the Daily Show :)

Now NRG is opening a new place called the Roost in SE that looks too be cool
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 10:35:50 am by Rivkin Award nominee ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

Yada

« Reply #9573 on: November 22, 2019, 10:58:17 am »

Settle down Francis.

Yada

« Reply #9574 on: November 22, 2019, 10:59:16 am »
I'm also concerned this location will take priority over DC and great kegs like Hill Farmstead will no longer make it this far south.

« Reply #9575 on: November 22, 2019, 12:44:12 pm »

Settle down Francis.
I think you meant this

which I respond to with
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9576 on: November 22, 2019, 07:42:38 pm »
Here's one that gets the Space Ratio seal of approval...

BCBS Vanillla, $14 for a 32 oz growler fill or $20 for 64 oz...at H St WF.

Compare that to the 16.9 oz bottles for $25-$30.

They also have regular 2018 BCBS and BCBS Coffee Barleywine for the same price.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9577 on: November 22, 2019, 09:55:08 pm »
  http://www.fourquartersbrewing.com/strikkly-vikkly/       

I knew this fella Victor n highschool, and now there is a beer named after him. Anyone have any familiarity with this brewery?

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #9578 on: November 22, 2019, 11:43:36 pm »
Space Math is the new Steiner Math

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9579 on: November 23, 2019, 03:31:09 am »
been on a fall beer kick, lots of stouts and winter warmers.  elysian has a special release out now called Cyclops Barrel-Aged Barleywine.  it's been a while since i last had a BBA'ed barleywine... gawd this is good.  this beer isn't going to work for everyone but the missus and i are mainlining this stuff... at 15% abv, it can do some damage ;D  first elysian beer i've bought in over a year.

Here's one that gets the Space Ratio seal of approval...

BCBS Vanillla, $14 for a 32 oz growler fill or $20 for 64 oz...at H St WF.

Compare that to the 16.9 oz bottles for $25-$30.

They also have regular 2018 BCBS and BCBS Coffee Barleywine for the same price.

that is a ridiculous deal.  i'd be filling every growler i had.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #9580 on: November 25, 2019, 01:45:44 pm »
this may #trigger sweetcell, but the first three bottles of the Sapwood Wood Club were mediocre at best with one being pretty terrible. Still support their haze game, but they have a long way to go with their bottles releases based on these three beers.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9581 on: November 25, 2019, 02:32:02 pm »
this may #trigger sweetcell, but the first three bottles of the Sapwood Wood Club were mediocre at best with one being pretty terrible. Still support their haze game, but they have a long way to go with their bottles releases based on these three beers.

YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!!!!!!!!!!

breath in, 3, 4... breath out 3, 4.... breath in 3, 4...

*ahem*

well that sucks.  haven't tried them myself, so can't confirm or deny.  what are the names of those beers?  were they Atomic Apricot, Hopade and Mango Meltdown? (full list).  i'm wondering what others think of them...

i would have a word with them next time you visit and let them know that their sours weren't up to your standards.  while i'm sure they'd prefer glowing reviews, they will be thankful for the feedback.  who knows, they might even try to hook you up with something else (no guarantees).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 02:38:56 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #9582 on: November 25, 2019, 02:38:22 pm »

YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!!!!!!!!!!

breath in, 3, 4... breath out 3, 4.... breath in 3, 4...

*ahem*

well that sucks.  haven't tried them myself, so can't confirm or deny.  what are the names of those beers?  were they Atomic Apricot, Hopade and Mango Meltdown? (full list).  i'm wondering what others think of them...

i would have a word with them next time you visit and let them know that their sours weren't up to your standards.  while i'm sure they'd prefer glowing reviews, they will be thankful for the feedback.  who knows, they might even try to hook you up with something else (no guarantees).

First blush - really not good at all
Thanks For Waiting - the best of bunch, but pretty standard in terms of saisons but to have this as their kick off beer after waiting over a year was not too exciting
No Beginnings - also, really not good at all

These were shared with three other people who all had the same opinion and the Untappd rankings (all greater than 4) must be by club members trying to make others jealous.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9583 on: November 25, 2019, 02:39:59 pm »
the Untappd rankings (all greater than 4) must be by club members trying to make others jealous.

yeah, that's definitely a thing... an annoying thing.  not helpful either.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #9584 on: November 25, 2019, 02:51:50 pm »
the Untappd rankings (all greater than 4) must be by club members trying to make others jealous.

yeah, that's definitely a thing... an annoying thing.  not helpful either.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Goshawk's Grasp by Horus was one of the best stouts I've had this year.

Additionally, Ghoulschip was the best non pumpkin-y pumpkin beer I've ever had.