Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3207294 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9630 on: January 12, 2020, 07:56:00 pm »
 :D

I’ll need to be a tad more careful with my posts.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #9631 on: January 13, 2020, 12:07:27 pm »
I'll be grateful for that.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9632 on: January 13, 2020, 07:12:31 pm »
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #9633 on: January 13, 2020, 07:33:42 pm »
Doesn't sound like sour grapes at all.

I've never had one, likely won't ever try one, but they built a multi-billion industry out of them and my bar owning friends say they can't keep them in stock.  On tap coming up next?
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9634 on: January 13, 2020, 08:00:23 pm »

I've never had one, likely won't ever try one, but they built a multi-billion industry out of them and my bar owning friends say they can't keep them in stock.  On tap coming up next?
Truly is on tap already.

My bar owning friends predict this is going to kill microbreweries. Or at least thin the market.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #9635 on: January 13, 2020, 09:22:55 pm »
I don't really love Stone much anymore, but i still love Greg Koch.

This movie was a good watch. https://www.amazon.com/Beer-Jesus-America-Greg-Koch/dp/B081G78XG3

WALKonBack

« Reply #9636 on: January 13, 2020, 09:45:38 pm »
I, am drinking a Stone, Fear.  Movie. Lions.  Dipa.   

Good.

Space Freely

« Reply #9637 on: January 13, 2020, 09:51:34 pm »
I, am drinking a Stone, Fear.  Movie. Lions.  Dipa.   

Good.

I, am so glad, you're not drinking a hard seltzer.

« Reply #9638 on: January 14, 2020, 11:14:10 am »

Truly is on tap already.

My bar owning friends predict this is going to kill microbreweries. Or at least thin the market.
So I'm not sure I agree with this
maybe some beer craft brew jonny come lately beer drinkers will be moved to drink this zima in a can product
but I don't think that the neckbeards who drive an hour to stand in line to pick up 4 16oz 4packs at $22 a pop are going to start drinking this stuff

now the people who drink bud, bud lite, coors, miller lite. Michalobe ultra, Corona Light, ....well honestly they don't really like beer that much and only drink it because it has alcohol in it....so those customers will easily be swayed by Nu-Zima...mostly because it's lower calorie and doesn't make their breath stink
That customer is probably 60-80% of the beer drinkers out there...so yes that market is huge
but those people weren't really supporting the craft beer market at all...they probably got dragged to to a brewery with their nutty hop-head friend and when they arrived asked the bar tender in hushed tone "what's the least yeasty option you have that kinda tastes like coors light"

The microbreweries are going to go belly up as there is just only so much those neckbeards can drink, there is just too much saturation.  My opinion we hit peak-craft in like 2016.  Kinda shocks me that new ones keep opening and the bust hasn't happened already
and let's be honest...the majority of these hop-head a craft beer sluts and will go to any port in a storm and show almost no loyalty to brewers (I am a self admitted craft beer slut) that's a really hard business model to maintain when the customers who love your product never get it again as there is another fancy new one down the block

As for craft breweries and setlzer...a lot of them are jumping on this band wagon
I was at MIA down in Miami and they make some killer beers, but they also had about 12 different HRD WTR on tap
I tried a few and they weren't bad, but it just seemed like drinking a la criox...with undetectable alcohol (that also appeals to most)
I think craft breweries would be smart to have a few of these on tap/available...for those friends who get dragged to the latest tapping event

Koch's last line is great tho....and I 100% agree
same reason I rarely go to NYE or St Patty's day parties
slack

Yada

« Reply #9639 on: January 14, 2020, 12:26:16 pm »
Man, its crickets in here? Did yadasacker quit drinking or something?

I think you confused me with Brettnotbritt

Space Freely

« Reply #9640 on: January 14, 2020, 12:31:58 pm »
Man, its crickets in here? Did yadasacker quit drinking or something?

I think you confused me with Brettnotbritt

Well one of you looks Jewish and the other actually is....

Space Freely

« Reply #9641 on: January 14, 2020, 12:33:23 pm »

Truly is on tap already.

So I'm not sure I agree with this
maybe some beer craft brew jonny come lately beer drinkers will be moved to drink this zima in a can product
but I don't think that the neckbeards who drive an hour to stand in line to pick up 4 16oz 4packs at $22 a pop are going to start drinking this stuff

now the people who drink bud, bud lite, coors, miller lite. Michalobe ultra, Corona Light, ....well honestly they don't really like beer that much and only drink it because it has alcohol in it....so those customers will easily be swayed by Nu-Zima...mostly because it's lower calorie and doesn't make their breath stink
That customer is probably 60-80% of the beer drinkers out there...so yes that market is huge
but those people weren't really supporting the craft beer market at all...they probably got dragged to to a brewery with their nutty hop-head friend and when they arrived asked the bar tender in hushed tone "what's the least yeasty option you have that kinda tastes like coors light"

The microbreweries are going to go belly up as there is just only so much those neckbeards can drink, there is just too much saturation.  My opinion we hit peak-craft in like 2016.  Kinda shocks me that new ones keep opening and the bust hasn't happened already
and let's be honest...the majority of these hop-head a craft beer sluts and will go to any port in a storm and show almost no loyalty to brewers (I am a self admitted craft beer slut) that's a really hard business model to maintain when the customers who love your product never get it again as there is another fancy new one down the block

As for craft breweries and setlzer...a lot of them are jumping on this band wagon
I was at MIA down in Miami and they make some killer beers, but they also had about 12 different HRD WTR on tap
I tried a few and they weren't bad, but it just seemed like drinking a la criox...with undetectable alcohol (that also appeals to most)
I think craft breweries would be smart to have a few of these on tap/available...for those friends who get dragged to the latest tapping event

Koch's last line is great tho....and I 100% agree
same reason I rarely go to NYE or St Patty's day parties

Most craft beer drinkers aren't neckbeards driving an hour to buy $22 four packs.

« Reply #9642 on: January 14, 2020, 12:38:29 pm »
Most craft beer drinkers aren't neckbeards driving an hour to buy $22 four packs.
you may not have facial hair, but I'm certain you've driven far to pay that much for that little beer...just based on your posts here

yes, that is not the majority of craft beer drinkers...but it's what the whole movement was founded on
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9643 on: January 14, 2020, 06:12:45 pm »
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #9644 on: January 14, 2020, 06:16:45 pm »
KBS espresso... yeay.

https://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/kbs-espresso/

Can confirm not that good and waaaaay too much coffee.

Can also confirm CBS in the 12oz bottles are absolutely delicious.