Author Topic: DC date request for ROYKSOPP at ...  (Read 2275 times)

Giles

DC date request for ROYKSOPP at ...
« on: October 21, 2009, 11:29:50 pm »
I don't know if this legit or not, but over at eventful.com there's an option to request the band to add a DC date, don't know if it will work, but hey it's an interesting way to gauge fan interest - doubt if  it will work - but who knows - the New York dates come at the worst time of the year - second to days around X-Mas  .... anyway we'll see. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: DC date request for ROYKSOPP at ...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 01:14:25 am »
1) anyone can "demand" anything on eventful.com... i've just "demanded" that led zeppelin play in DC.  i'm holding my breath.
2) currently there are 3 demands for royksopp in DC.  hardly overwhelming.  personally i'd love to see them again (i'll be seeing them in SF!) but i don't know if they have the pull to fill the BC.  maybe RnR.
3) royksopp are playing NYC on monday 11/23 and tuesday 11/24... might interfere with your thanksgiving plans, but it's a full month month before xmas.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 01:17:17 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 05:32:21 am »
2) currently there are 3 demands for royksopp in DC.  hardly overwhelming.  personally i'd love to see them again (i'll be seeing them in SF!) but i don't know if they have the pull to fill the BC.  maybe RnR.

Are you kidding? I have no doubt they'd do well at the Cat. In fact, I think they'd even pull in a good crowd for the 9:30. Where I don't think they will do all that well in on Eventfull.com only because I don't think many will bother with that site. At least, not actively going as far as requesting specific shows, partly because they are annoying and send out too many emails once you request a band to play in your area. And they never, ever inform you of the events that you actually would want to see. In fact, I've several times almost cancelled my emails because they never contain anything of interest to me. Nothing but sports and ultra-mainstream shows. I'd rather just stick with the band's or label's newsletters.

Anyway, maybe there will be a force from this forum to get the message across for the show. More power to everyone if they can get the show in the area.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 10:52:32 am »
i haven't heard too much of their music but they are real good. are they going on tour?

i'll demand them to come here.......