Author Topic: F@#k Columbia Heights  (Read 5522 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

F@#k Columbia Heights
« on: November 15, 2009, 05:37:06 pm »
Most overpriced, overrated neighborhood in the District. People (see: white and women) think it is one of the only hoods in the District to live in that isn't exorbitantly expensive and and your chances of catching a stray bullet are just about 50/50. Other neighborhoods may have fewer amenities and not be as "cool," but at least I know that I'll wake up to see another day when I walk out of the Metro stop.

Go fuck yourself, CH.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 04:06:49 pm by kosmo vinyl »

azaghal1981

Re: Fuck Columbia Heights
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 06:17:17 pm »
Since almost all you do on this board is bitch, why not just start a blog? I'll even help you out with a name. TMUL's bitchorium.
احمد

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 06:35:57 pm »
Hilarious.

hutch

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 06:37:38 pm »
I think TMUL has a valid point...Its a pretty overrated neighborhood....I mean its turning into Friendship Heights with more crime/sketchiness..

But it has improved a lot and perhaps will continue to do so... the shop selection is kind of generic and chainy though

James Ford

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 07:07:11 pm »
http://newcolumbiaheights.blogspot.com/2009/11/child-shot-and-killed-sat-night-on.html

Sad news last night, a nine year old boy was shot and killed last night in his apartment. Streets were blocked off for hours and buses were rerouted. The good thing is that WUSA and others are reporting that some people are in custody. Police helicopters were out in the area last night, so let's hope they found everyone they were looking for. Here's Jim Graham on the tragedy:

Dear Friends, I have just returned from a tragic scene at 14th and Columbia. Just before 10 PM, a nine year old boy was shot dead in the presumed safety of his apartment at 1433 Columbia Road. AT this time, it appears that there was some kind of fight in the hallway, shots were fired, one of which entered the apartment and killed this boy. I have the name of the boy (who happens to be Latino) but I am not releasing it since I do not know whether the entire family has been notified.

Chief Lanier and Mayor Fenty--who were both on the scene-- stated that there are persons in custody.

MDP was out in force in the neighborhood, it being an All Hands on Deck weekend. Police were on the scene immediately.

More information will be available soon.

Our hearts and prayers go the family. I have sent messages that my office is prepared to do we can to help.

Posted by Andrew at 9:04 AM

thirsty moore

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 08:22:00 pm »
I was wondering what the police activity was. Thank you for posting this JF. Such tragic news.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 02:15:30 am »
Most overpriced, overrated neighborhood in the District.

i take it your application was rejected, huh?
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 01:19:24 pm »
I have the name of the boy (who happens to be Latino) but I am not releasing it since I do not know whether the entire family has been notified.
No! Really?

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 08:49:29 pm »
Most overpriced, overrated neighborhood in the District.

i take it your application was rejected, huh?

Probably. Places like Highland Park are costly.

http://newcolumbiaheights.blogspot.com/2009/11/child-shot-and-killed-sat-night-on.html

Sad news last night, a nine year old boy was shot and killed last night in his apartment. Streets were blocked off for hours and buses were rerouted. The good thing is that WUSA and others are reporting that some people are in custody. Police helicopters were out in the area last night, so let's hope they found everyone they were looking for. Here's Jim Graham on the tragedy:

Dear Friends, I have just returned from a tragic scene at 14th and Columbia. Just before 10 PM, a nine year old boy was shot dead in the presumed safety of his apartment at 1433 Columbia Road. AT this time, it appears that there was some kind of fight in the hallway, shots were fired, one of which entered the apartment and killed this boy. I have the name of the boy (who happens to be Latino) but I am not releasing it since I do not know whether the entire family has been notified.

Chief Lanier and Mayor Fenty--who were both on the scene-- stated that there are persons in custody.

MDP was out in force in the neighborhood, it being an All Hands on Deck weekend. Police were on the scene immediately.

More information will be available soon.

Our hearts and prayers go the family. I have sent messages that my office is prepared to do we can to help.

Posted by Andrew at 9:04 AM

And thats what I thought this thread was about originally. Thats really sad.
No matter how many stores they build around that mall and etc., that element that was part of Columbia Heights will be there. I remember when you used to not be able to walk around that too much after dark. Crime has gone down a little bit but its definitely never been completely safe in that area.

Relaxer

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 10:07:04 pm »
I have the name of the boy (who happens to be Latino) but I am not releasing it since I do not know whether the entire family has been notified.
No! Really?

okay there's been sufficient time for the family to be notified, make with the name fucker
oword

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 11:47:23 am »
TMUL, this neighborhood may have its problems, but certainly one of the added bonuses of living here is knowing douches like you don't want to live here.  :)

_\|/_

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 12:25:59 pm »
TMUL, this neighborhood may have its problems, but certainly one of the added bonuses of living here is knowing douches like you don't want to live here.  :)

Well I guess if you don't mind needlessly burning a couple extra hundreds of dollars a month and risking eating lead on a daily basis, then knock yourself out. But then again, you waste that money and risk your well-being all so you can tell people where you live, right?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:31:29 pm by Thousand Made-Up Loves »

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 12:26:54 pm »
Since almost all you do on this board is bitch, why not just start a blog? I'll even help you out with a name. TMUL's bitchorium.

I don't have the free time to waste blogging.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 12:30:55 pm »
And thats what I thought this thread was about originally. Thats really sad.
No matter how many stores they build around that mall and etc., that element that was part of Columbia Heights will be there. I remember when you used to not be able to walk around that too much after dark. Crime has gone down a little bit but its definitely never been completely safe in that area.

It is. Only in CH would one of Fenty's summer CCC's have the bright idea of whipping out a gun on 14 in the middle of the freaking afternoon near the CH Metro stop and start shooting at someone across the street. What a fucking disgrace that neighborhood is. But the landlords and developers are the ones laughing all the way to the bank.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 01:00:17 pm »
TMUL, what is your issue with columbia heights?  there are plenty of over-priced and/or unsafe neighborhood out there... why has CH earned your ire?

for the moment, it looks like you're just being randomly bitchy.
<sig>