Author Topic: The Greatest Hip Hop Cover Story Ever Told  (Read 1962 times)

Ardamus

• Ardamus
The Greatest Hip Hop Cover Story Ever Told
« on: November 20, 2009, 09:00:16 pm »
If you're not busy this Saturday and Sunday, come and check us out. Doing classic joints from back in the day until now. Celebrating 30 years of hip hop.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
Re: The Greatest Hip Hop Cover Story Ever Told
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 03:42:20 pm »
please keep show announcements in the "Just Announced" thread.  thanks.

walkonby

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 05:20:52 pm »
but he always posts pretty plus pleasing flyers for functions.  doesn't that deserve a thread?

MonkeyPants

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 12:03:17 pm »
Funny. you don't tell others like Christine or Will the same thing when they do the same thing...
PANTS

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 12:28:49 pm »
Funny. you don't tell others like Christine or Will the same thing when they do the same thing...
Yes, but people on here would actually consider seeing them. Advertising a rap concert is basically panhandling for spare change.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 01:28:24 pm »
jules, why you gotta do that?  haven't you gotten over whatever stupid beef it is that you had with ardamus, or whoever the object of your hatred is?  as pointed out before, this is so beneath you.  furthermore, it doesn't show the insight and wit that characterize your barbs... makes me think this is un-thunk.
<sig>

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 02:09:23 am »

while i would prefer to keep all of these announcements to one place, i have made exceptions for djs that work at the club and club related events. 

this is neither, and the last few threads ardamus has started were simply plugs for his shows followed by a series of "bumps" to keep it on the main page.  he (and others) can get their free advertising there. 

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 04:28:18 pm »
Wow, all this from one posting of a show? Didn't know you cared.  :D

Lets see here.......

Yes, but people on here would actually consider seeing them. Advertising a rap concert is basically panhandling for spare change.

Julie.....LOL.....hahaha......here you go again with this bitch shit. Are you seriously gonna get mad over a show I promoted in a forum that you're "famous" in? Look, I'm no one in here. Ignore me, sir. You're too busy getting standing ovations at Sticky Rice for your karaoke singing.

jules, why you gotta do that?  haven't you gotten over whatever stupid beef it is that you had with ardamus, or whoever the object of your hatred is?  as pointed out before, this is so beneath you.  furthermore, it doesn't show the insight and wit that characterize your barbs... makes me think this is un-thunk.

its ok, man. i know i'm not well liked by the regulars or the most popular posters here.......or maybe just those kids who took offense to my joke in that hipster thread.

while i would prefer to keep all of these announcements to one place, i have made exceptions for djs that work at the club and club related events. 

this is neither, and the last few threads ardamus has started were simply plugs for his shows followed by a series of "bumps" to keep it on the main page.  he (and others) can get their free advertising there. 

thatguy, you're a mod and i'll respect your rules. but Myra's gotta point, Christine got alot of shows going and there is a thread for most of them from what i've seen. thats why i thought there was no problem in me promoting this. also, i saw quite a few threads that would mention something about other venues which was another reason why i saw no problem with promoting the show. last time, i admit, i did re-up my show threads to keep them on the same page. it was only once this time and i decided not to do it too much. but hey.....if thats how you want to run the site.....fine by me. from here on out, the shows i either do or others may do that i will inform this forum about, will go in that announcement thread.

With all that said, I'd like to thank those who came out to the show at Dance Place; if you saw this on the forum and came out, thank you. It was a huge success. Packed the show both nights. I know I've promoted shows in the past just for solely my own benefit but this show I was apart of was a celebration of hip hop music. And also, showed the gaps in between the generations of it from the time it began to the current state. This show may come back sooner than you think so, if you're interested in checking it out, let me know and I will give you an update. Thanks for the support.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 06:58:34 pm by Ardamus »