Author Topic: Ted Leo Last Night  (Read 3222 times)

dumpkopf

Ted Leo Last Night
« on: August 03, 2006, 11:09:00 am »
Was anybody else at the Ted Leo show at the Ottobar last night?

If not you missed out as about an hour into their set the power went out. Instead of ending the gig like most venues and bands would have Mr. Leo continued one. Still singing into the mic which no longer work he belted out the Kelly Clarkson "hit " Since you've been gone acapella (Which he had vowed to never play again) with help from the crowd. After various requests from the crowd he decided on an acapella version of The Yeah Yeah Yeahs Maps. It was a great time until the heat became unbearable he finished his seat with two acoustic songs and a half rambled version of Don't Stop Believing.

The crowed filtered outside as the acoustic show resumed out front. The crowd blocked off half of Howard St. for about 15 minutes as the show kept going. The evening was put to an end as Ottobar staffers forced everyone off of the street.

All in all it was a great evening with a great performer

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Ted Leo Last Night
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 11:14:00 am »
No but I drove by there on my way home from work just as the bands were unloading. Thank God I didn't dally around or I would have been playing Automotive Dodge ball with the patrons. LOL.

K8teebug

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 12:58:00 pm »
That's awesome!

vassego

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 03:36:00 pm »
Ted freaking rules.  I'm disappointed I couldn't make it.

alex

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 03:44:00 pm »
Ted rules; the douchebag fans he's picked up as of late do not.  Seriously, who "moshes" and does all of that stupid crowd surfing and crowd-diving to Ted Leo?  That was something I've never seen before and it was way lame.  Not to mention the drunk girl who was literally falling all over everyone during the middle band and between sets and during Ted's set.  We were about to punch her in the face.

The stuff he did during the power outage was pretty cool though...and I enjoyed the new songs.  But all in all it was probably one of the worst Ted experiences I've had thanks to the assholes fans he has all of a sudden.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 03:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Alex:
  Ted rules; the douchebag fans he's picked up as of late do not.  Seriously, who "moshes" and does all of that stupid crowd surfing and crowd-diving to Ted Leo?  That was something I've never seen before and it was way lame.  Not to mention the drunk girl who was literally falling all over everyone during the middle band and between sets and during Ted's set.  We were about to punch her in the face.

The stuff he did during the power outage was pretty cool though...and I enjoyed the new songs.  But all in all it was probably one of the worst Ted experiences I've had thanks to the assholes fans he has all of a sudden.
Great show; but I was also pissed about having to dodge the moshers/surfers.  Ted surfed during the black out too --- I guess he was inspired and confused about how to entertain us sweaty masses in the dark.

"Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs is actually part of Ted's tribute to Since U Been Gone.  It was not a crowd request, he just goes from Since to Maps because of their similarities and then finishes Since.  I know, too much information.

He also played - Dirty Old Town on an acoustic during the black out, which was cool, I liked it very much anyway.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 04:58:00 pm »
Maps and Since U Been Gone...I think that would make a great mash-up (patent pending)

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 05:48:00 pm »
I'm so mad I didn't end up going, rahh.

Aphex

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 06:03:00 pm »
08-07-06
 Washington, DC
 The Tavern at American University
 Doors: 3PM; Show:4PM; $9.99 general public/free for students w/ ID; tickets available only at www.tedleo.tickets.musictoday.com

Vas Deferens

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 06:23:00 pm »
It is 9-07-06...

Originally posted by Aphex:
  08-07-06
 Washington, DC
 The Tavern at American University
 Doors: 3PM; Show:4PM; $9.99 general public/free for students w/ ID; tickets available only at www.tedleo.tickets.musictoday.com
(_|_)

lukiedookie89

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 06:25:00 pm »
According to his site, it's 8-7...but it isn't listed on the Musictoday site...how do we buy tickets?

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 06:28:00 pm »
It's definitely 8/7, Ted mentioned it after the Merriweather show.

lukiedookie89

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 06:30:00 pm »
Nevermind, I spoke too soon.  The date on the site is wrong, he corrected it in the news section.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 06:35:00 pm »
full dates:

Ted Leo + Pharmacists
 08/06/06 - Middle East, Cambridge, MA - with SOLO SHOW
 08/12/06 - Baldwin Plaza, Bridgeport, CT
 08/13/06 - Century Lounge, Providence, RI - with SOLO SHOW
 08/25/06 - Seaport Music Fest, New York, NY
 09/07/06 - American University, Washington, DC
 09/12/06 - Hi Tone, Memphis, TN
 09/13/06 - House Of Blues, New Orleans, LA
 09/15/06 - Zilker Park, Austin, TX
 09/16/06 - Walter's on Washington, Houston, TX
(_|_)

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 07:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by lukas:
  Nevermind, I spoke too soon.  The date on the site is wrong, he corrected it in the news section.
That's weird, he told us after Belle and Sebastian to look out for a "secret show in early August at AU."

Interesting.