Author Topic: Official Roll Call-Pixies @ DAR Constitution 11/30 and 12/1  (Read 12484 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Official Roll Call-Pixies @ DAR Constitution 11/30 and 12/1
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 07:06:32 pm »
the seller has 98% positive ratings so i'm sure it's legit...their name sounds like a ticket broker who buys concert tickets at venues all over the US...

Sorry for a naiive question, but when you buy something like that on Ebay, how do you know it's for realz?

(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2009, 07:30:08 pm »
Sorry for a naiive question, but when you buy something like that on Ebay, how do you know it's for realz?

ya don't, yr teken yr chancez.

it helps to buy from someone who has a high feedback score, and/or has sold tickets before with no complaints, and/or offers a refund if things don't work out.  i generally will only buy hard tickets on ebay - too easy to print out several copies of a ticketfast PDF ticket.  i've bought tix on ebay several times, and i've never had a problem. 

buying on CL is a little dicier since there's no feedback mechanism so i generally prefer meeting face-to-face to complete the transaction.  that being said, i've both bought and sold tickets on CL with little more than a promise over the phone and that has also always worked out - i've always received my tickets or my money <knocks on wood>.
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2009, 07:37:17 pm »
Also, if you pay by paypal on ebay, there are certain seller protections they work in. I once bought tickets to an event, and agreed to pay thru paypal and the guy said he would change the name at willcall over to mine, and while I trust he did attempt to do this, something went wonky and it didn't work. I tried working out something with the guy and he finally balked and acted like I was trying to double-dip (got the tickets and was faking to get my money back) and I put a complaint in thru paypal and they made him do mediation or they would've refunded me my money out of his account. So, there's that.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2009, 07:39:20 pm »
never had problems with e-tickets from sellers on ebay...
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2009, 07:55:03 pm »
never had problems with e-tickets from sellers on ebay...

i can believe that - buy from reputable sellers and you're almost always good to go.  come to think of it, the most expensive tickets i've ever bought on ebay were e-tickets and they turned out fine.

physical tickets add a little peace of mind, IMO, since ticket forging isn't a huge problem... yet (apparently it is an issue for UK festival bracelets: link)
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2009, 07:58:06 pm »
I think the moral of the story is, if you have enough money, problems take care of themselves.

wml7

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2009, 08:35:50 pm »
at d ar now.  thought  my seat would be blocked but its perfect view  ;D

Vas Deferens

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2009, 09:35:42 pm »
I'm inside...row d is first row of section R
Great, just great.

(_|_)

wml7

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2009, 09:43:00 pm »
I'm inside...row d is first row of section R
Great, just great.

Reatard was good Ithought he was going to jump off the stage and clobber someone with his guitar doesnt he do that great just great

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2009, 10:10:27 pm »
I'm going tomorrow... are they letting cameras in?

_\|/_

wml7

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2009, 12:01:13 am »
yes cameras are allowed in got lots of video great show  ;D

Mobius

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2009, 12:41:04 am »
thanks for the heads up bearman . . .picked up a ticket row c on the left side this afternoon and had a great time.  yes it was short, but doolittle is doolittle, the b sides had some high points (esp manta ray, wave uk surf and a killer into the white).  the final encore of where is my mind, gigantic, caribou and nimrod's son ended things on a high.  the band seemed loose, especially kim (!!) but the playing was tight

bearman🐻

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2009, 01:10:44 am »
Awesome show...I'm sure many of you saw me, third row, dead center. What can I say...I have a hard time not rocking out to the Pixies. Highlight for me: I asked David Lovering what the odds are that they'd play Caribou, they played it, then he pointed at me and said "That was for you!".  I'm tripping SO hardcore on that one. Got some good photos, didn't want to be a photo whore (esp. when you've got Black Francis scowling a few feet from you), but they didn't mind. I thought it was even better than Chicago. From where I was standing, the sound was VERY good. Sigh. Can't wait for tomorrow!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2009, 01:40:57 am »
From where I was standing, the sound was VERY good.

i'd like this statement to be noted in the record.
<sig>

andyrichter

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2009, 01:50:33 am »
Great show!  Band was on point all night I thought.  Sound was actually decent from where I was sitting in center orchestra.  I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun the band seemed to be having on stage after reading reviews of how the band seemed to be going through the motions and hating being up there.  Kim Deal is the real fucking deal.  She made the Breeders show earlier this year and she made this show.  The 2nd encore was ridiculous.  Where is my mind, Caribou and Gigantic?  I thought it was a really nice gesture from the band to play 1 more song at the end, Nimrod's Son.  Crowd was really into it all night.  I did see lots of empty seats all over the place though.  Sucks for the scalpers.   :)   

And lastly, why was thatguy wearing a poncho? Not a good look for him.