Author Topic: 2 free tickets to a Live Nation show  (Read 4108 times)

andyrichter

2 free tickets to a Live Nation show
« on: December 01, 2009, 07:47:20 pm »
Pretty sweet deal I think most of you will appreciate.  Just sign up with your email and you get a code worth 2 free tickets to a general admission show at various Live Nation venues around the country.  I'm going out to California next year and will be taking advantage of this offer for sure!  8)

http://www.mysection7.com/?fbid=BJfQirFgJse

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: 2 free tickets to a Live Nation show
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 08:08:28 pm »
code for free tix valid thru may 1st.  only LN venue listed for DC is warner, you can get tix to see Steven Wright or Tegan and Sara.  "new shows added weekly".  i wouldn't expect in-demand tix to show up here, more like a way for LN to get some value outta tickets that might otherwise go unsold.  limited selection but it's hard to argue with free.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 02:07:31 am »
i can't seem to find the field to put the code in? it's asking for credit card info...
(_|_)

andyrichter

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 10:52:14 am »
i can't seem to find the field to put the code in? it's asking for credit card info...

Which show? I think the offer isn't valid for certain shows unless it's general admission.  I tried to get tickets to Tegan and Sara at the Warner Theatre and couldn't find where to put my code and then realized it's reserved seating.  I'm not sure why they're even posted.

imbecile

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 10:57:00 am »
Yeah, both the Warner shows aren't serviced under this promotion it appears.

Just for shits and giggles, I randomly clicked the house of blues in Myrtle Beach and then checked out the flogging molly (obvious general admission show and venue) tour.  It shows a special ticket selection option for the Section7 promotion and has a box for the password.  So.. i imagine the shows available for this promotion will have a similar setup.  Bummer that T&S isn't happening for this.. oh well.. maybe next time.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 12:02:25 pm »
Is the GA-only rule written anywhere? I don't remember seeing it. If someone really cares about seeing one of the Warner shows, maybe they should try calling Section 7.
<sig>

andyrichter

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 12:31:57 pm »
under the FAQs:

Q: Can I use my Windows Section 7 Sign-up code for reserved seating instead of GA tickets?

A: Windows Section 7 Sign-up codes may be redeemed for general admission tickets only. Upgrading is not available for this promotion

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 01:08:05 pm »
ah.  why do they bother listing Warner then?!?  cheap advertising of shows, i guess...
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 01:18:22 pm »
ah.  why do they bother listing Warner then?!?  cheap advertising of shows, i guess...

So does that essentially mean NO DC venues?

Note: link is blocked at work, or I could probably figure that question out myself.

andyrichter

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 02:16:57 pm »

So does that essentially mean NO DC venues?

Note: link is blocked at work, or I could probably figure that question out myself.

Unfortunatley nothing in DC, unless they make this promotion available for Nissan Paviliion when they start announcing their summer schedule.  All House of Blues venues are listed.  The closest venues are the TLA in Philly and The Fillmore and Gramercy Theatre in NYC.   

mahimahi1414

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 03:38:24 pm »
I get to the page where it shows the seven second clip and then the clip ends and nothing happens. At the bottom it says "Please wait seven seconds while your tickets are being located" or something like that. Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks

hutch

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 06:18:31 pm »
they might as well flash

"YOU BEEN PUNKED LOSER!"