Author Topic: Service charges a little high?  (Read 32860 times)

eltee

Re: Service charges a little high?
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2009, 03:41:08 pm »
If you're not making anything extra off the service charges, why are you so unconcerned about how your customers feel about them?
Finally got through my bonehead that people wouldn't go if they did offer at one price. It would cost too much. Only the ones who truly could afford would. But really, it's Marketing / ECON 101 right? By the time you are at the final pay button - how many people stop and don't buy? I'd think not many b/c you really want to see the show, justify it, put it on credit and eat ramen for a month to make up for the fees you weren't expecting. Not that I'm speaking personally about this mind-game money juggling justification...;)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:57:16 pm by Sugartastic Tee »

Darth Ed

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2009, 03:48:24 pm »
is there some charge I don't know about being added AFTER you see them all and decide to purchase the tickets?

or are we just talking about the total that is presented that you don't like?
Seth, I think most people would consider the fees to more transparent if all the fees and the total cost were detailed on the first web page before you decide to see if tickets are available rather than on the last page when you enter your credit card info and click the purchase button. On the first page, it says the cost is $20 (for example), but, when you get to the final page, the real cost is $30 (for example). We all know those conveniene fees are coming, but it can still be a bit of a shock, especially when it seems they cost more than usual.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2009, 05:20:31 pm »
I like that idea

let me look into it

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2009, 08:15:37 pm »
As Seth once brilliantly stated here, and I'm paraphrasing,  "Do people go around questioning why Milk costs what it does?".  Don't like the fees don't pay them, just don't be bitter when you learn after the fact how amazing the show which one missed over some fees... 
Yeah, so then I don't buy the milk. Just like I don't buy the tickets. We've already determined it doesn't make a hill of difference if I decide not to go. Why not just end it at "don't by the tickets" and not rub in our faces?

I apologize for the harshness of this statement and it's not a fate I would wish on anyone, unless one comes around stomping their feet like a spoiled child and not even willing to take the simplest of suggestions regarding checking the availability of tickets.   Sorry again kosmo scrouge
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2009, 08:43:59 pm »
A little gingerbread man at the club just told me that City and Colour had a sold out show  at the Black Cat and not the 9:30 club.
T.Rex

eltee

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2009, 10:43:26 pm »
As Seth once brilliantly stated here, and I'm paraphrasing,  "Do people go around questioning why Milk costs what it does?".  Don't like the fees don't pay them, just don't be bitter when you learn after the fact how amazing the show which one missed over some fees... 
Yeah, so then I don't buy the milk. Just like I don't buy the tickets. We've already determined it doesn't make a hill of difference if I decide not to go. Why not just end it at "don't by the tickets" and not rub in our faces?

I apologize for the harshness of this statement and it's not a fate I would wish on anyone, unless one comes around stomping their feet like a spoiled child and not even willing to take the simplest of suggestions regarding checking the availability of tickets.   Sorry again kosmo scrouge
No worries, Koz. My comment wasn't really directed at you. I realize you were speaking of the argument and paraphrasing someone else. You support concerts and patrons, I know that...Evil Santa on the other hand...must be lurking around some corner this year avoiding the forumite holiday party...;)

azaghal1981

« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2009, 11:03:59 pm »
The Magnetic Fields broke down all the charges for every upcoming show of their tour on their site. Check it.

That's unprecedented as far as I know.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2009, 01:39:52 am »
The Magnetic Fields broke down all the charges for every upcoming show of their tour on their site. Check it.

listing the surcharge and handling fees upfront is indeed nice, it's a little sad that such a simple move should be called "unprecedented". 

what i was really hoping for was a break-down of what % of the face value does the band get, vs. promoters, venues, etc; what % of the surchages get kicked back to the venue... the real nitty-gritty of concert finance.
<sig>

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2009, 08:54:20 am »
>what i was really hoping for was a break-down of what % of the face value does the band get, vs. >promoters, venues, etc; what % of the surchages get kicked back to the venue... the real nitty-gritty of >concert finance.

and tell me what that would do for you

Vas Deferens

« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2009, 08:56:08 am »
a pie chart?  :o

>what i was really hoping for was a break-down of what % of the face value does the band get, vs. >promoters, venues, etc; what % of the surchages get kicked back to the venue... the real nitty-gritty of >concert finance.

(_|_)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2009, 09:07:54 am »

I was wondering this too  :D

_\|/_

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2009, 11:23:43 am »
Admittedly, knowledge is a bad thing. Consumers have historically been better serve by ignorance...
<sig>

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2009, 12:18:32 pm »
Thats awesome! Thats just what I want ahead of time. Dont really care who gets what, just would love to know before I start the process what its going to cost me at the end.

Might just have to become a member of BAM with all the amazing shows they get. Members dont pay any fees to get tix and usually get a few days before its open to the public to get seats. That Magnetic Fields show just got more tempting even if everyone I know is seeing them at The Town Hall.

HeyLa

azaghal1981

« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2009, 12:39:23 pm »
Didn't Bam sell out a while ago?

I kinda want to do one or both of the Town Hall shows. I imagine that being the perfect venue for them.
The Antony show I saw there sounded amazingly crisp.
احمد

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2009, 01:03:04 pm »
Admittedly, knowledge is a bad thing. Consumers have historically been better serve by ignorance...
Wow, sweets. Way to avoid the question.