Author Topic: Spoon Roll Call  (Read 6162 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: Spoon Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 12:29:00 pm »
yeah, and spoon hasn't been here in a fairly long time. plus pitchdork, tmt, ect have a boner for them. it'll be more of that crowd. read: snobby
o/\o

SalParadise

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2005, 01:24:00 pm »
i look forward to being miserable tonight.

ok, get your corny on:

pick-up lines for this evening...

"what a coincidence, you like spoon, i like soup"

"hmmm, i don't even know you, yet we're already spooning together"

"wow, all the pretty girls *do* go to the city"

tank you. i be here all week.

(i have a feeling i'm gonna get reamed for this one..)

Tom Cashel

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2005, 01:53:00 pm »
Nope, not going.

I'm going to see them at Webster Hall in NYC next Wednesday (after seeing Malkmus at Irving Plaza next Tuesday).

I'll be gone all week! Thank you!

amnesiac

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2005, 02:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  yeah, and spoon hasn't been here in a fairly long time. plus pitchdork, tmt, ect have a boner for them. it'll be more of that crowd. read: snobby
Yeah, I figure it'll be a mix of snobs and OC kids. Whatever - I'll just get drunk and try one of SalParadise's lines

Relaxer

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2005, 04:44:00 pm »
I'm not much of a fan, but I dragged my buddy to Music/Kasabian and this was his payback, so I'm going. I've tried to get into the few Clientele songs I have, but it sounds too much like boring Sparklehorse.
oword

vansmack

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2005, 05:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by amnesiac:
  Yeah, I figure it'll be a mix of snobs and OC kids.
It's time to put a stop to this.  There's no difference between a kid from the OC and a snob.

I think you mean snobs and kids who watch The OC.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2005, 05:32:00 pm »
hahaha...don't fuck with the oc
o/\o

Bags

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2005, 01:39:00 pm »
Okay, so I saw Spoon for the first time last night.  Have to say I was pretty disappointed.  I really enjoy "Kill the Moonlight" and "Girls Can Tell."  I like the new album -- a few songs I'm not into, a couple really good songs.

The band brought nothing to the live show...no energy, no additional 'oomph.'  Wish I'd gone to WSC at the 'Cat.  I at least would have danced there...NO dancing, or even head bobbing, at Spoon.

eltee

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2005, 01:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  I at least would have danced there...NO dancing, or even head bobbing, at Spoon.
Really? I saw some of both. I think the lead singer is pretty amazing on guitar. I like #4,6 and second to last songs. No ideas the titles. Sorry I didn't see you Bags, figured you were up front. Thanks again chimbly!

grotty

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2005, 01:51:00 pm »

The band brought nothing to the live show...no energy, no additional 'oomph.'  
I've seen them 6 times & this sums up my experience each perfectly.

Better off just playing the records.

imaginarycolors

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2005, 01:55:00 pm »
i feel like i saved money to see the Futureheads! Haha!

imaginarycolors

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2005, 01:57:00 pm »
and its a semi-sad state of affairs when people have to get drunk to numb themselves away from the annoying indie wannabes although my gf did it at the Bright Eyes show which i did concur later that if i could i would have too

Chip Chanko

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2005, 02:13:00 pm »
I also agree. They were technically good but not exciting at all. I DID enjoy the extremely drunk guy in front of me who knew EVERY word to EVERY song and mouthed along the entire show.

Originally posted by The Artist Formerly Known As grotty:

The band brought nothing to the live show...no energy, no additional 'oomph.'  
I've seen them 6 times & this sums up my experience each perfectly.

Better off just playing the records. [/b]

Relaxer

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2005, 02:22:00 pm »
Overall a bit of a letdown, but the group with me loved it, so that helped. All agreed that the Clientele was BORING. Every now and then they'd get a Velvets-type jam going, but for the most part, it was dull and dragged out.

Spoon was okay. I don't really like them all that much, but I do like the new album and the selections from it sounded good. They really need a second guitar player up there, because Britt's guitar-playing tends to be pretty spare and they could use the added beef to fill in the sound. He is a good guitar player, but he tends to play 'color', and they need a play-by-play guy to back him up.

But like I said, the people I was with loved it so much that it was fun. Hate to say it, but if the drunk guy who was shouting all the words was in the middle of the upstairs balcony, that was my group. I've seen my buddy get drunk and obnoxious before, but never like that. It got pretty annoying, though it kept our area from getting crowded.
oword

eltee

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2005, 02:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Relaxer:
  Overall a bit of a letdown, but the group with me loved it, so that helped. All agreed that the Clientele was BORING. Every now and then they'd get a Velvets-type jam going, but for the most part, it was dull and dragged out.

Spoon was okay. I don't really like them all that much, but I do like the new album and the selections from it sounded good. They really need a second guitar player up there, because Britt's guitar-playing tends to be pretty spare and they could use the added beef to fill in the sound. He is a good guitar player, but he tends to play 'color', and they need a play-by-play guy to back him up.

But like I said, the people I was with loved it so much that it was fun. Hate to say it, but if the drunk guy who was shouting all the words was in the middle of the upstairs balcony, that was my group. I've seen my buddy get drunk and obnoxious before, but never like that. It got pretty annoying, though it kept our area from getting crowded.
good thoughts relaxer.
 and yeah, even though there wasn't much oomph on-stage, the crowd really seemed to enjoy it w/o be overly obnoxious imo.