Author Topic: Stereotyping people by their favorite indie bands  (Read 3728 times)

azaghal1981

Stereotyping people by their favorite indie bands
« on: December 23, 2009, 10:05:30 am »
hah

A lot of these were funny and spot on.
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Stereotyping people by their favorite indie bands
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 10:12:37 am »
Phoenix
People who don?t listen to enough music.

This is total BS!  I listen to more than my fair share of music and I'll contend that a fair segment of Phoenix fans have more diverse musical tastes then most indie rock listening yahoos....

Update: Translation a bunch of indie snobs have decided that Phoenix has gotten to popular and have started the the inevitable backlash.  To which I respond go out and find some crappy indie disco to beat off to...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 10:20:14 am by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 10:22:16 am »
Yikes  :o

I finally heard that Phoenix album.  Pretty catch stuff.  PS I'm playing catch-up like a mother this month.

Phoenix

This is total BS!  I listen to more than my fair share of music and I'll contend that a fair segment of Phoenix fans have more diverse musical tastes then most indie rock listening yahoos....

Update: Translation a bunch of indie snobs have decided that Phoenix has gotten to popular and have started the the inevitable backlash.  To which I respond go out and find some crappy indie disco to beat off to...

James Ford

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 10:25:29 am »
Confession:

I sold my three Phoenix tickets on CL to raise money for my annual charity donation. The people responding didn't seem like music nerd types.

Just sayin'.

andyrichter

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 10:27:08 am »
http://www.yourscenesucks.com/

You can spend hours at that site laughing out loud. Stereotypes on punks, metalheads, and every other scene in between.  Do check out indie jesus and the newest craze, crabcore!

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 10:35:29 am »
Hahaha
They're probably not your favorite band, though.

(I like Phoenix, too)

Phoenix

احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 10:54:07 am »
Well not my most favorite band, but the only band on that entire list I listen to, support and would want to see live.  TVOTR is take or it leave for me at this point.

Plus that list is flawed in that Radiohead, Regina Specktor, Flaming Lips and Wilco are not Indie Rock.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 11:30:42 am »
I'll admit to being crankier then usual today ,  slipping on black ice can do that to a person...,

It seems to me that the persons putting this together are the ones that need to listen to more music,  as it's a typically list of what's "popular" at the moment.    Without looking I bet it reflects the current trend on last.fm

put down  the radiohead and crank up some big star
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 02:09:16 pm »
Now that I'm less grumpy this list is pretty funny, especially for any band that starts "Bros who...."  Thumbs up on the CSS description as well... and yes the Phoenix description does apply to some of their fans, but that's only because they've managed to crossover in a larger fanbase who aren't likely listening to much "indie" rock anyways... 
T.Rex

James Ford

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 03:02:31 pm »

Plus that list is flawed in that Radiohead, Regina Specktor, Flaming Lips and Wilco are not Indie Rock.

Phoenix is that band you hear in the Cadillac commercial.

thirsty moore

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 12:58:10 pm »
I just picked up Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix. That album's pretty damn awesome. It's all I've been listening to.