Author Topic: Jiffy Lube Live  (Read 67403 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Jiffy Lube Live
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 02:32:32 pm »
You guys do realize that if you leave during the encore and have a fast set of walking legs, you can beat the crowd and not wait in the lot 3.5 hours, right?

I haven't been to Nissan, but that's certainly been the case with every other music shed/sporting venue I've been to.

Yeah, real cost effective! Pay too much for a ticket and then run out before what is often the best part of many concerts. Besides, why should one have to forfeit the winning home run, so to speak, just because said venue can't manage their traffic flow properly?

Of course, by your plan, you would still have a traffic mess if the majority of people left before the encore and the band gets confused and sort of insulted by very few fans left for the bonus set. It all just starts earlier but would still go through the same congested motions.

James Ford

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 02:48:45 pm »
If you're that much of an idiot that you have to see every last song, then you deserve to sit in a parking lot for 3.5 hours.

Thank god there's alot of idiots out there. Allows for my plan to work every time.

You guys do realize that if you leave during the encore and have a fast set of walking legs, you can beat the crowd and not wait in the lot 3.5 hours, right?

I haven't been to Nissan, but that's certainly been the case with every other music shed/sporting venue I've been to.

Yeah, real cost effective! Pay too much for a ticket and then run out before what is often the best part of many concerts. Besides, why should one have to forfeit the winning home run, so to speak, just because said venue can't manage their traffic flow properly?

Of course, by your plan, you would still have a traffic mess if the majority of people left before the encore and the band gets confused and sort of insulted by very few fans left for the bonus set. It all just starts earlier but would still go through the same congested motions.

Jaguar

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 02:54:42 pm »
If you're that much of an idiot that you have to see every last song, then you deserve to sit in a parking lot for 3.5 hours.

Just because you are not a big music fan does not make those who prefer to see the entire show idiots. It just makes you an arrogant music fan. It also does not change the fact that there is still a major traffic management problem.   ::)

Relaxer

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 02:57:47 pm »
Well also, the shows that James Ford goes to (apparently to see and be seen since the music isn't a priority for him) are mostly populated by fat old people who take much longer to waddle to their minivans.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 02:59:17 pm »
Also you've got to love such a know-it-all post that's introduced with "I've never actually been to this place BUT HERE IS THE SUPREME KNOWLEDGE YOU IDIOTS"
oword

James Ford

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 03:00:49 pm »
Well in terms of sporting events, I was referring to leaving the NASCAR race a couple of laps before then end of the race. :)

But how does leaving a song or two before the end make you less of a fan or mean the music is not a priority? I mean really, you two sounds like a couple of dipshit teenagers. When in reality your combined ages probably hits the three figure mark.

Well also, the shows that James Ford goes to (apparently to see and be seen since the music isn't a priority for him) are mostly populated by fat old people who take much longer to waddle to their minivans.

eros

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 03:10:58 pm »
I've gotta side with Rhett on this one.

Went to see Pearl Jam there last year.  After the first verse of Yellow Ledbetter we made a break for it (because, gee, I haven't heard Yellow Ledbetter a thousand times).  Got into the car and didn't stop until I got home.

I guess it just depends on what kind of a tradeoff you want to make.  I enjoyed the other 2.5 hours of the show, I heard almost all of the last song while walking to the car, and I didn't sit in crap traffic.
ʎɐʍou

Jaguar

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 03:22:17 pm »
I guess it just depends on what kind of a tradeoff you want to make.  I enjoyed the other 2.5 hours of the show, I heard almost all of the last song while walking to the car, and I didn't sit in crap traffic.

Okay, that's  a worthwhile consideration. A fair choice. The big problem with Rhett's statement is that he not only assumes, but calls, those who choose to stay 'idiots'.

Again, if we all 'smarten up' and leave the same time you guys prefer to leave, than you still have the same congestion. (That was meant mostly for Rhett since he called us 'idiots'.) Hey, I don't mind. The more of you that leave earlier, the less we 'to the last note' types have to deal with when we finally leave. (Except that I personally avoid arena shows so it's sort of a mute point in my realm of existence.)

James Ford

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 03:26:53 pm »
Most Americans are idiots.

What evidence is there that people who choose to see live music in a shed are somehow above that level?

fatskippy

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 03:36:25 pm »
what an insufferable douche

James Ford

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 03:41:16 pm »
...says the idiot who prefers shows at the state fucking theater to shows at the 9:30 club.

Relaxer

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 03:42:20 pm »
James Ford, have you ever been to the State Theater or is this another one of those things that you just somehow know everything about without actually knowing anything about it?
oword

fatskippy

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 03:45:10 pm »
...says the idiot who prefers shows at the state fucking theater to shows at the 9:30 club.

Right, because I don't appreciate being packed in like a sardine, I am an idiot.  Aren't you the pleb constantly whining about the price of things?  Sounds like you haven't done nearly enough in life to distinguish yourself from the average idiot.

James Ford

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 03:57:55 pm »
Yes, I have.

So tell me, Mr Thinks PJ Harvey is Hot (haha barf barf), based on your experiences with Jiffy Lube, would my leave a song or two early be the first one out of the lot idea work less successfully at the Lube than other sheds I've been to around the area/country?

James Ford, have you ever been to the State Theater or is this another one of those things that you just somehow know everything about without actually knowing anything about it?

James Ford

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 04:00:11 pm »
Maybe you're the one going to shows populated by fat old people.

The last several sold out 9:30 shows I've been to have not been overstuffed.

Right, because I don't appreciate being packed in like a sardine, I am an idiot.  Aren't you the pleb constantly whining about the price of things?  Sounds like you haven't done nearly enough in life to distinguish yourself from the average idiot.