Author Topic: Jiffy Lube Live  (Read 67894 times)

walkonby

Re: Jiffy Lube Live
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2011, 05:29:50 pm »
i like def leppard, and my partner likes heart.  we were going to go because we had a blast the last time we went to see def leppard at nissan.  but ticket prices are too high at jiffy lube for a lot of shows now.  same old tired act jimmy buffet is charging what?!  so many bands feel like the only way to make money anymore in music is to rip off the consumer who goes to shows.

Relaxer

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2011, 06:38:51 pm »
so many bands feel like the only way to make money anymore in music is to rip off the consumer who goes to shows.

That pretty much is the only way to make money in music these days
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 06:40:54 pm by Relaxer »
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2011, 06:40:38 pm »
Apart from promoting drugs
oword

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2011, 07:05:41 pm »
now . . . if we could just make merriweather go away, this area would be in business.

What is wrong with Merriweather?

I've been to many sheds of similar size all over the country and think it one of, if not the best of them all (maybe second to Alpine Valley) . 

Don't take this as snarky, but have you seen anything there besides Phish?  If not, you have to realize that their crowd presents its own set of challenges for a venue.

walkonby

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2011, 07:15:23 pm »
i have seen plenty of shows at merriwhatever.  plenty.  don't like that it is too far for me.  don't like the parking lot scene.  don't like the security.  don't like the trees around the place.  don't like the food or beer.  don't like the lawn or the sound that you get on the lawn.  don't like the drive home.  don't like the seats.  don't like the two sub sections of left and right center.  don't like maryland.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2011, 07:16:25 pm »
i have seen plenty of shows at merriwhatever.  plenty.  don't like that it is too far for me.  don't like the parking lot scene.  don't like the security.  don't like the trees around the place.  don't like the food or beer.  don't like the lawn or the sound that you get on the lawn.  don't like the drive home.  don't like the seats.  don't like the two sub sections of left and right center.  don't like maryland.

Well, that explains it.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2011, 07:43:57 pm »
walkonby: 32, going on 80.
<sig>

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2011, 07:50:25 pm »
Hard to believe someone so crotchety has a partner.  If human, I would hope they were a blind deaf/mute.  Only way to deal with you.

walkonby

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2011, 08:09:57 pm »
Hard to believe someone so crotchety has a partner.  If human, I would hope they were a blind deaf/mute.  Only way to deal with you.

yes . . . my life is so difficult.  i just know what i like and what i don't.  sorry if i am bashing on your "precious venue."

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 09:43:55 pm »

what was the last good show that was booked at the State Theater...hmmm

Gin Blossoms January 2009. I was there. It was AWESOME.

Seriously.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2011, 10:02:49 pm »
You guys do realize that if you leave during the encore and have a fast set of walking legs, you can beat the crowd and not wait in the lot 3.5 hours, right?

I haven't been to Nissan, but that's certainly been the case with every other music shed/sporting venue I've been to.

I don't understand why people who do that shit even bother going out (unless the show sucks).   Stay at home and wait for the video next time.
_\|/_

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2011, 10:11:32 pm »
To each their own.  If they want to leave early that's their deal.  Could care less.

James Ford

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2011, 10:28:32 pm »
Apparently you really enjoy parking lots.

You guys do realize that if you leave during the encore and have a fast set of walking legs, you can beat the crowd and not wait in the lot 3.5 hours, right?

I haven't been to Nissan, but that's certainly been the case with every other music shed/sporting venue I've been to.

I don't understand why people who do that shit even bother going out (unless the show sucks).   Stay at home and wait for the video next time.

fatskippy

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2011, 10:39:39 pm »
My problem with Merriweather is the loge section.  It was built out of greed and shouldn't exist.  The sound and sight lines are crap and the tarp covering it cuts off all airflow inside the pavilion.  On a hot day it will be cooler in the sun than in the pavilion because of the tarps covering the loge.  The sound/view from the lawn is also terrible but I am a pavilion snob so that's irrelevant.

hutch

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2011, 11:02:31 pm »
true: sight lines from lawn at mpp are terrible...