Author Topic: My Trip To Mars  (Read 1183 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
My Trip To Mars
« on: August 03, 2006, 06:06:00 pm »
Had to go up to the grocery store a little while ago. While there, I had the pleasure of experiencing something out of the ordinary.

As I approached the checkout line, for some reason, I tuned into the music coming over the speakers. Sounded a bit off and not quite your normal supermarket fare. I was convinced that someone had gotten ahold of the microphone and was singing over it to the entire store so I asked the completely humorless deadpan bitch at the register if this was the case. Bitchface never even acknowledged me but the cashier across the aisle did. It turned out that it was (some name that she told me) the deli guy in the back singing. He was singing an a capella version of "King Of The Road".

Apparently, I'm easily amused as I completely got a kick out of this. After all, how many grocery stores provide live in-store entertainment? This wasn't Arlene's Grocery in NYC. This was your run-of-the-mill Mars (a local Baltimore food chain). Hell, in this neck of the woods, we're lucky if we get record store in-stores! It made me feel like I was in some slightly quirky movie.

HoyaSaxa03

Re: My Trip To Mars
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 06:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguar:
  It made me feel like I was in some slightly quirky movie.
that's pretty much how i feel whenever i go to baltimore ... that, or abject terror =)
(o|o)

Jaguar

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 06:47:00 pm »
Believe me, I understand!

But in all fairness, this was up in the northern reaches of Baltimore County which is very different from the city itself. A strange mix of apartment and country club folk.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 09:38:00 am »
Are you the apartment folk or the country club folk?

But in all fairness, this was up in the northern reaches of Baltimore County which is very different from the city itself. A strange mix of apartment and country club folk.

Jaguar

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 11:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
  Are you the apartment folk or the country club folk?

[/b]
Guess.   :roll: