Author Topic: Spoon in March  (Read 7837 times)

Bags

Spoon in March
« on: January 13, 2010, 04:17:35 pm »
So I see the dates up (Mar 23 & 24), and I'm assuming tickets are not on sale yet?  Had a co-worker say he's been told that the show is already sold out because on the Spoon webpage only the 9:30 club says "tickets not available."  I told him I'd put money on it that tickets simply  haven't gone on sale yet.

Any input, confirmation, inside info?

Thx

Bags

Re: Spoon in March
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 04:20:01 pm »
Never mind!  Realized I could largely answer my own question by seeing if the show is listed.  It is, tickets go on sale Friday at 10:00 a.m.

Sorry!  But consider a Spoon thread opened!

James Ford

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 04:22:27 pm »
Why don't we keep this one quiet?

Mods, can you please delete the thread?

vansmack

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 04:27:32 pm »
These two shows have been merged and will be at the Merriweather Post Pavillion in May.  More details coming later, but I hear the Shins are co-headlining.
27>34

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 04:34:33 pm »
Spoon and the Shins are going to become one band, with Britt Daniel and James Mercer alternating lead vocals and live appearances. Even show dates will be Britt shows, odd dates will be James.

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 04:48:10 pm »
The Spins!
احمد

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 05:57:57 pm »
I can't wait for this show (er, the Richmond one anyway). Great combo!

That's going to be the busiest week: David Bazan, Joanna Newsom, Spoon/Deerhunter, the XX, Wilco.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:06:43 pm by Julian, Certified WEBLEBRITY »

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 06:16:24 pm »
Yup, I'll be at the Spoon and Wilco shows at the National. I've never listened to Deerhunter, but I've heard great things about them live.

There hadn't been anything at the National for me in a long time, now there's those shows, plus Of Montreal. Not bad.

wml7

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 06:17:56 pm »
Yup, I'll be at the Spoon and Wilco shows at the National. I've never listened to Deerhunter, but I've heard great things about them live.

There hadn't been anything at the National for me in a long time, now there's those shows, plus Of Montreal. Not bad.

did you buy your wilco tickets as soon as they went on sale???  That was the fastest show I've seen sold out at the national.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 09:32:55 pm »

did you buy your wilco tickets as soon as they went on sale???  That was the fastest show I've seen sold out at the national.
Nope, I got them through Wilco's pre-sale. One click and purchased. No hassle at all. I hear the scene online and at the box office was shitty, though.

James Ford

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 10:42:48 am »
A couple of comments in the comments section of npr.org

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122279793&ps=bb4

Frank Gent (Cowboy359) wrote:

How do groups this bad get recording contracts? Has the caliber of talent gone down that much? I believe its more Who You know rather than what you sound like. Either that or their should be a lot of Job Openings for Scouting New Talent. I've been in the music business for over 40+ years and Its a bloody shame

Thursday, January 14, 2010 3:22:39 AM

Recommend (0)
Report abuse

Gari Welch (Chrysalis) wrote:

I scanned the comments to see if I was in agreement with anyone who wrote in; not a one. So, for another point of view: can someone tell me what is so "great" about a group of "muscians" who produce a mundane beat, possess thin voices, and sing in flat harmony? If this is music, I am shocked. If we could call it something else, like "noise I like to listen to", then I wouldn't have any trouble understanding their popularity. Chrysalis

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 11:52:35 am »
A couple of comments in the comments section of npr.org

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122279793&ps=bb4

Frank Gent (Cowboy359) wrote:

How do groups this bad get recording contracts? Has the caliber of talent gone down that much? I believe its more Who You know rather than what you sound like. Either that or their should be a lot of Job Openings for Scouting New Talent. I've been in the music business for over 40+ years and Its a bloody shame

Whether this comment is about Spoon or anyone else, Frank Gent clearly hasn't been in the music business for even 40 seconds. Unless he counts picking the radio station for his accounting firm's office.
😐 🎶

dave24

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 12:24:10 pm »
I've looked everywhere I can think to... there seems to be a promo code for the shows at Ticketfly, but I can't come up with it.  Can someone PM it to me?  I won't be around for the regular sale, and I gotta get some tixx for the girlfriend...

Thanks

dave24

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 03:27:05 pm »
someone PMed me the password - thanks

vansmack

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 03:31:14 pm »
someone PMed me the password - thanks

Tell us who it was so we can beat the crap out of them....
27>34