Author Topic: Falkner & Manning open for Cheap Trick in B'more  (Read 9910 times)

Bags

Falkner & Manning open for Cheap Trick in B'more
« on: January 19, 2010, 01:18:06 pm »
So Rams Head Live has the Cheap Trick show this Saturday listed as follows:

1/23 Cheap Trick w/ Jason Falkner & Roger Joseph Manning Jr

Are Falkner and Manning playing together?  I can't find anything about this on the web.  I'd think Jellyfish fans, of which there is a rabid group, would be chatting about this incessantly.

Any idea what's going on?  Also, how friggin' cool is this?!?!  I'm more into seeing Falkner than the wonderful Cheap Trick.

edbert

Re: Falkner & Manning open for Cheap Trick in B'more
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 02:16:27 pm »
That does sound good... Roger + jason.  Roger's site says they have a project called TV Eyes, so maybe that's what they're doing.  Unfortunately I can't find any audio or video to check it out

BTW did you know that CT are filming a Soundstage in NY next week?  Yup.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 11:55:05 pm »
No info on these shows on Jason's or Mannings Facebook pages

I'm guessing they will be playing 3 or 4 songs each from their current solo albums, plus a couple Jellyfish songs and hopefully fill out their set with some song from Jason's marvelous 90s solo albums.

No much to go for the TV Eyes project, except that it was a Japanese only release that came out in 2006

http://www.myspace.com/tveyes

It might be worth going to show just to see if Jason has any of his Japanese releases for sale at a reasonable price, seeing as he still doesn't have a US label :(

Update Falkner does have an album due out on Feb 6th

Interesting per the forum on the Falkner site, he is reportedly learning Cheap Trick songs......
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:07:51 am by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 10:23:27 am »
Per Falkner's facebook

Just made it to Charlottesville VA to start rehearsal for 4 shows with Cheap Trick. Roger Manning and I will be opening up and then we will be (IN) CT for their set. Pretty xited!
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 03:44:48 pm »
Awesome.  I did see that he has an album coming out in February.  I'm hoping I can get the Japanese only releases at the show.  If so, will let you know (they're $45 on Amazon right now...).  Homey don't play that.

James Ford

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 04:17:49 pm »
Awesome.  I did see that he has an album coming out in February.  I'm hoping I can get the Japanese only releases at the show.  If so, will let you know (they're $45 on Amazon right now...).  Homey don't play that.

And you call yourself a fan. I bet you make more than that in an hour.

Bags

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 07:11:43 pm »
What can I say.  I choose live shows over expensive imports.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 12:19:27 am »
I'm in and it's been a decade since I've seen either Falkner or Cheap Trick live.
T.Rex

chancegardener

• http://www.chancegardener.com
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 01:08:33 am »
yup I'm planning on going too. Hopefully there will be tix at the door.  May have to go hit the Soundgarden as well ... that place is like heaven

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 02:43:00 am »

Tickets are bought,I'll be there early,better check with club on conflicting start times....was going to hit the Jefferson in Cville on Friday,but can't....doing Baltimore instead....

Vas Deferens

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 10:26:22 am »
tempted, not familiar with Cheap Trick but Falkner should be good :)
(_|_)

edbert

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 10:43:49 am »
So maybe Trick will finally have their keyboard player on stage with them since it's Roger.  I don't have many complaints about CT but one is that when they tour with a keyboard player, usally a guy named Todd Harvath who's really good, they don't put him up there.  It's just weird to hear keys and harmony vocs and not see the guy doing it.
Wait a sec.. if Jason and Rog are in CT for 4 shows staring in Charlottesville that'll include the stay in NYC... so they might well be playing in CT's Soundstage show

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 12:27:12 pm »
tempted, not familiar with Cheap Trick...

:o :o :o

wow

I just hope that you are a lot younger than I thought you were. That will be your only out.

Bags

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 12:30:35 pm »
I've got a crew of 10 going.  We'll be there by 8 so that we don't miss any Falkner/Manning.  Apparently according to Cheap Tricks' fan page message board, CT is scheduled to be onstage at 9:15, as noted here:

"If you plan on attending the Baltimore show on Jan. 23 at Rams Head Live - Cheap Trick is on stage at 9:15pm. If you have called the venue, you might have been told a different start time, but Cheap Trick is CONFIRMED for 9:15pm so please make sure you are there early!"

Guess this means Falkner/Manning go on very soon after doors at 8?

James Ford

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 01:19:54 pm »
tempted, not familiar with Cheap Trick...

:o :o :o

wow

I just hope that you are a lot younger than I thought you were. That will be your only out.

Surely, he's heard this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4U7Vw5Hvtg