Author Topic: Question for all you B'more folks  (Read 6622 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Question for all you B'more folks
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 11:51:07 am »
Yes, The Milton Inn is a bit pricey. Maybe a nice little special date with the wife sometime.

I would suggest that if you end up in Little Italy, that you avoid Sabitino's at all cost. Probably the most overrated restaurant in the entire city. The food has been horrible every time I've eaten there. (Only ended up going back because of others wanting to go. Don't do it!)

Vaccaro's (the desert place) is heavenly!

For casual with average prices, decent food and north of Baltimore, you might want to go to An Poitin Stil in Timonium. ('The Still' as the locals call it.) In fact, a friend is taking me there on Saturday for my birthday. The place has a fairly good reputation amongst the locals. It's not gourmet but you'll leave happy and satisfied. They have their own parking lot so you should be fine on that account.

James Ford

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 11:57:30 am »

For casual with average prices, decent food and north of Baltimore, you might want to go to An Poitin Stil in Timonium. ('The Still' as the locals call it.) In fact, a friend is taking me there on Saturday for my birthday. The place has a fairly good reputation amongst the locals. It's not gourmet but you'll leave happy and satisfied. They have their own parking lot so you should be fine on that account.

Is your daughter by any chance friends with Chaz?  ;D

Happy birthday!

Jaguar

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 12:00:03 pm »

Is your daughter by any chance friends with Chaz?  ;D

Happy birthday!

Thanks...

and fuck you.  :-*

eltee

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 12:15:58 pm »
Cool, a Jag endorsement!

Chaz, what 65 yr. old doesn't want pasta? ;)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 12:28:14 pm »
Cool, a Jag endorsement!

To be fair, she is turning 60.  And as far as dining prefs, i'm pretty much in the dark.  Just trying to help out.  I've only met the woman once ;)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 12:57:16 pm »
pasta is so cheap, it's insane how many people pay $$$ for it in a restaurant.

Cool, a Jag endorsement!

(_|_)

nkotb

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 01:05:39 pm »
Is that the excuse you give azaghal to get out of paying for dinner?

"You never take me out anymore!!!"

pasta is so cheap, it's insane how many people pay $$$ for it in a restaurant.

Cool, a Jag endorsement!

James Ford

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 01:07:53 pm »
Cool, a Jag endorsement!

One who's watching their weight.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 01:07:54 pm »
Joe, seriously? You've never had good home-made pasta?  That's the only way I can rationalize how the distinction between it and 99 cent bag of dried stuff from Safeway, smothered in reheated sauce from a can and topped with Kraft "parmasan", is lost upon you... You've just never had any.
<sig>

Jaguar

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 01:16:19 pm »
Joe, seriously? You've never had good home-made pasta?  That's the only way I can rationalize how the distinction between it and 99 cent bag of dried stuff from Safeway, smothered in reheated sauce from a can and topped with Kraft "parmasan", is lost upon you... You've just never had any.

Believe me, most of these places are only serving up the restaurant Safeway version of pasta dishes. The better ones who are making their own will charge you Milton Inn prices.

For me, it all depends on what's mixed in and what sort of sauce as I can't stand your run of the mill spagetti with tomato sauce. Can't stand pasta salads either. Serve a nice pasta dish with a good garlic and wine sauce full of shrimp and mushrooms, than now we're talking... or eating.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, 02:14:30 pm »
Fogo De Chao http://www.fogodechao.com/

Brazilian Steakhouse.
3MTA3

hutch

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 02:28:32 pm »
Can you swing Five Guys? Its pretty inexpensive if you split the drink and fries!

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 02:30:26 pm »
Fogo De Chao http://www.fogodechao.com/

Brazilian Steakhouse.
I'd go there in a heartbeat, but my lady friend is a pescatarian, and word is her folks aren't big on the red meat either.

eltee

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 08:38:32 pm »
Believe me, most of these places are only serving up the restaurant Safeway version of pasta dishes. The better ones who are making their own will charge you Milton Inn prices.
Amici's does make their own pasta at decent prices. I've only been once so I can't comment on dish consistency but my dish was fine - not out of this world, but definitely good enough and homemade.
I agree though, it all depends and I'm just as picky as the next. I was just teasing with the thought, the older you are the softer the food? lol Obviously I was just poking fun.
Ford - at 65, I hope people aren't worrying about eating pasta for one night. ;) They might push it or their blood sugar with pastries, though. (I did note that Amici's definitely is using white flour if that means anything)

Maggiano's does serve Barrelli's which is ridiculous.
Good Luck, Chaz, sounds like you have particulars to contend with so have fun and enjoy, whatever you decide.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 08:40:25 pm by Sugartastic Tee »

Jaguar

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 12:57:41 am »
Amici's does make their own pasta at decent prices.

That's good to know. Will keep that one in the back of my mind as I haven't been there yet.  ;)