Author Topic: Need Ride to Bethesda After Trey Show  (Read 8708 times)

tenfeettall

Need Ride to Bethesda After Trey Show
« on: February 08, 2010, 03:59:27 pm »
Can chip in for gas...anyone driving back that can hook me up with a ride?  redredlarry@yahoo.com

Yada

Re: Need Ride to Bethesda After Trey Show
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 06:09:35 pm »
do you have any hemp necklaces for trade?

hutch

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 06:31:28 pm »
I may have someone that can give you a ride if you're bringing the helium tanks!

azaghal1981

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 06:54:55 pm »
Helium? Don't you mean nitrous?

احمد

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 08:37:26 pm »
no he meant helium.  that way if the roads are f*ed up, they can float to the show.  now that's showing up "high!" 

but really, trey better do the right thing and postpone the show!  it may not be that bad up until show time . . . but during and def. after, the roads will be a blizzard making it very dangerous for people.  not worth it.  come on trey, make it safe for the phans!

and i just love this from the "another forum" about the 930 club  -

"that sucks big time for parking and for people driving from far away, but that's irrelevant to whether this show goes off- 930 club doesn't care about parking or fans.  the main roads around DC are clear now and won't be (totally) blocked on Tuesday even if we get 8-10 inches of extra snow, all they need are a couple of good 4WD vehicles to ferry in their staff and the band  930 club does not care about the concert goers."

ericbent

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 09:02:16 pm »
Seems like it would make complete sense to reschedule. They prolly make most of their money off of the concessions (read: booze) sales and if hardly anyone can make it in the snow and  won't want to drink and drive in a blizzard anyway - then wouldn't they want to to resched in order to make more money off of the show at a later date?

azaghal1981

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 09:17:26 pm »
Ahh...stupid PT and their anti-930 nonsense.
The only threads worth reading/posting in over there are the noise/psych/drone/experimental music ones.

Yet another edit: Walkies, is this the thread to which you are referring?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 09:28:18 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 09:35:06 pm »
The only threads worth reading/posting in over there

value greater than zero - does not compute.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 10:00:32 pm »
Ahh...stupid PT and their anti-930 nonsense.
The only threads worth reading/posting in over there are the noise/psych/drone/experimental music ones.

Yet another edit: Walkies, is this the thread to which you are referring?

dat the one i found amusing.  i was reading anything and everything about the tues club show, so i ventured over to the phantasy.  been waiting for a while for this trey show, hate to sound selfish, and yes i have eaten tickets before to things i really "had" to see . . . but i will be dissapointed if he plays with the factors of thirty or so inches to begin with and then another snow starting tomorrow morning and lasting all day and evening, bringing up to ten to fifteen inches, and being blizzard conditions with twenty-five mile an hour winds by the time he would be done, which would seriously put the people (who dared show up in the first place) in mucho danger trying to get home, especially when they have an hour or more to drive.  do the right thing, trey; spike lee approves.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 10:04:07 pm »
Walkie, are you saying that Trey has inherited the snow version of the Radiohead curse?

azaghal1981

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 10:59:26 pm »
If Trey postpones, the next day that could work for both the band and the club is 3/10. This assumes that neither Trey nor any of the band has anything to do that night and that nobody has a hold on the club.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 11:09:17 pm »
If Trey postpones, the next day that could work for both the band and the club is 3/10.

the tour will be over by then, so they'd have to gather everyone & the gear for a one-off show = unlikely.

the club could always do an early/late split on wednesday with la roux... although there is no guarantee they don't cancel that as well (i'd be surprised tho, since it should stop snowing earlier in the day.  the residents did their show on sunday, right?).
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 11:09:35 pm »
If Trey postpones, the next day that could work for both the band and the club is 3/10. This assumes that neither Trey nor any of the band has anything to do that night and that nobody has a hold on the club.

damn . . . you're good.

fatskippy

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 11:11:56 am »
I know the 9:30 Club is extremely greedy evidenced by the overselling of the place, but are they really that irresponsible that they will hold a concert tonight if it's snowing heavily?

azaghal1981

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 11:39:18 am »
Ultimately, whether the show happens or not is Trey's decision.

Oh and KYS.
احمد