Author Topic: Need Ride to Bethesda After Trey Show  (Read 8701 times)

walkonby

Re: Need Ride to Bethesda After Trey Show
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 03:38:09 pm »
i've got a whole new appreciation about the club and trey now.  laziness first . . . fans last.

no one is making you go to the show.  the club has no control over the weather.  by the looks of it, there won't be 8 inches on the ground before midnight, so metro should still be running.  the band and the club can't make decisions based on the needs of 1 person living 2 hours from the club.

i'm glad everybody going to this show lives ten minutes away.  ::)  i know people driving as far a nc to see this and are sweating every minute of what to do.

ggw

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 03:45:40 pm »
I think these whining hippies just need to Man Up!
Well played.

or spring for a hotel room in the big bad city...

since you're such a big man . . . will you come drive me the two hours 1 way to the show and back.  you are such a man, it should not be a problem for you.

and i would get a room, but we will have 20 inches on the ground tomorrow.  you want to dig my car out and make sure i get home ok?  such a small task for a big man such as yourself.

i've got a whole new appreciation about the club and trey now.  laziness first . . . fans last.

the District is only getting 6 to 10, and it aint really going to start snowing until around 8pm. so shut up already.

Walkonby is just pissy because he can't remember the last time he got 6 to 10 inches. . . .

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 03:59:19 pm »
i know people driving as far a nc to see this and are sweating every minute of what to do.

if you're going to drive from NC, or shanandoah, etc, then you have to accept certain risks.  what won't be a factor for locals might be an issue for you. 

and again, the club isn't going to make decisions based on the needs of people from NC.  they determined that holding a show tonight is do-able, so they're doing it.  i'm sure the club isn't happy about the weather either, they might end up losing money on this because of the half-filled venue.

this show wouldn't be rescheduled.  if it doesn't go on tonight, it's canceled. 

Walkonby is just pissy because he can't remember the last time he got 6 to 10 inches. . . .

been a while since i've last read such an epic retort.  well done, sir.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:01:01 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

ericbent

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 04:00:20 pm »
anyone know how well route 29 going into DC has been paved? i'm coming from gaithersburg, wondering what to expect in DC

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 04:02:27 pm »
anyone know how well route 29 going into DC has been paved?

route 29 is very well paved, has been for decades.  the real issue is the snow and ice on top of the pavement.
<sig>

ericbent

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 04:11:47 pm »
thanks so much for the sarcasm. clearly i meant how well cleared the pavement is.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 04:31:07 pm »
thanks so much for the sarcasm.
You're welcome! We're good at sarcasm!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 04:36:18 pm »
i was out driving today and it seems that all major routes such as 29 are passable, but might be reduced by a lane.  it was slow-going, mostly because of the backed up traffic.  everyone was driving slowly.  unless you have a very very low car or absolutely no shocks, you should have no problems getting around.  just give yourself extra time.
<sig>

ericbent

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2010, 04:50:54 pm »
Thanks.....

grover.37

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 05:34:34 pm »
Can't wait to buy a ticket outside for under face from a frostbitten w00k!

Or should I just grovel for a free one and mumble about karma (brah)?

azaghal1981

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2010, 05:37:44 pm »
Put that finger up and beg for a miracle, brah!
احمد

grover.37

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2010, 05:40:27 pm »
Put that finger up and beg for a miracle, brah!

Psht, beg?

I'm going to passive aggressively inform everyone I encounter that it's their duty to kick me down their extra since I traveled 0.9 miles and don't even have enough money to buy 5 beers (so at least let me get a shwill off yer Sammy Smif). 

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2010, 05:46:15 pm »
Psht, beg?

I'm going to passive aggressively inform everyone I encounter that it's their duty to kick me down their extra since I traveled 0.9 miles and don't even have enough money to buy 5 beers (so at least let me get a shwill off yer Sammy Smif). 
I'm sorry, what finishing school did you attend? I didn't understand a word of this.

railK

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2010, 06:38:57 pm »
You obviously must not have attended W00k State U..

azaghal1981

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2010, 10:40:30 am »
How was the turnout?
احمد