Author Topic: The Olympics Thread  (Read 84473 times)

azaghal1981

Re: The Olympics Thread
« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2012, 07:38:16 pm »
FYI

They have a feed for almost every event happening at any given moment. The next workweek will not be productive.

Oh and Bob Costas is an ass.
احمد

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2012, 09:49:07 pm »

Is that Ted Leonsis?

Have no idea. Thought it was just some random guy.  Besides, I haven't a clue who Ted Leonsis is. If I had to make a guess, I'd say it's Chris Christie.

lagas

« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2012, 01:04:24 pm »
will andy murray close the deal this time around?

No

...and I hope not.

come on, you know you want him to win...it's just that he broke your heart once already last month and you can't imagine yourself going through the whole ordeal again...I was rooting for him that day, and his speech after the final was pretty emotional.

i think he has a decent shot tomorrow though, if he can keep the heat on...he will win it.
zorra

lagas

« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2012, 01:05:08 pm »
oh and BTW, go Honduras!
...nevermind.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 04:37:08 pm by lagas »
zorra

James Ford

« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2012, 03:28:24 pm »
Has anybody come to the conclusion that MOST sports are really, really boring to watch on tv?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2012, 03:42:19 pm »
Has anybody come to the conclusion that MOST sports are really, really boring to watch on tv?

Especially baseball and kickball (aka soccer).
FUKIT

azaghal1981

« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2012, 09:16:31 pm »
Brits kicked some ass on the track today.
احمد

shemptiness

« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2012, 10:09:53 pm »
yellow nike shoes

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2012, 09:04:22 am »

No

...and I hope not.

come on, you know you want him to win...it's just that he broke your heart once already last month and you can't imagine yourself going through the whole ordeal again...I was rooting for him that day, and his speech after the final was pretty emotional.

i think he has a decent shot tomorrow though, if he can keep the heat on...he will win it.

Not at all...he doesn't have too many fans in England because he's a anti-English bigoted douche.

hutch

« Reply #174 on: August 06, 2012, 09:29:19 am »

No

...and I hope not.

Not at all...he doesn't have too many fans in England because he's a anti-English bigoted douche.

Federer had nothing left in the tank after being taken to 19-17 in the third set of his semifinal.

I had never heard that Murray did not have too many fans in England. All we ever hear is how desperately they want him to win Wimbledon.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #175 on: August 06, 2012, 10:11:35 am »

slappy

« Reply #176 on: August 06, 2012, 11:22:05 am »

What do think of Moz's analysis of the London's games? Anti-English bigoted douche or mostly spot on?
To me sounds like he thinks the UK is becoming the US. At least their royals have some history, unlike the ones we create for TV.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_120804_01

"I am unable to watch the Olympics due to the blustering jingoism that drenches the event. Has England ever been quite so foul with patriotism? The "dazzling royals" have, quite naturally, hi-jacked the Olympics for their own empirical needs, and no oppositional voice is allowed in the free press. It is lethal to witness. As London is suddenly promoted as a super-wealth brand, the England outside London shivers beneath cutbacks, tight circumstances and economic disasters. Meanwhile the British media present 24-hour coverage of the "dazzling royals", laughing as they lavishly spend, as if such coverage is certain to make British society feel fully whole. In 2012, the British public is evidently assumed to be undersized pigmies, scarcely able to formulate thought.

As I recently drove through Greece I noticed repeated graffiti seemingly everywhere on every available wall. In large blue letters it said WAKE UP WAKE UP. It could almost have been written with the British public in mind, because although the spirit of 1939 Germany now pervades throughout media-brand Britain, the 2013 grotesque inevitability of Lord and Lady Beckham (with Sir Jamie Horrible close at heel) is, believe me, a fate worse than life. WAKE UP WAKE UP."

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #177 on: August 06, 2012, 12:00:53 pm »

Who cares? It's not Wimbledon. No one cares about Olympic tennis.

hutch

« Reply #178 on: August 06, 2012, 05:23:58 pm »

Who cares? It's not Wimbledon. No one cares about Olympic tennis.

Huh? People definitely care BUT its not Wimbledon that is for sure.

hutch

« Reply #179 on: August 06, 2012, 05:24:20 pm »
unbelievable US-Canada soccer game. Epic.