Author Topic: We Were Promised Jetpacks poster  (Read 1363 times)

El Jefe Design

We Were Promised Jetpacks poster
« on: February 10, 2010, 12:43:30 pm »

We Were Promised Jetpacks had us create a poster for their show at the RNR Hotel this Saturday (blizzard with standing). It is based on the song "Thunder and Lightening" and plays off the beauty and impending violence of the music (her body is black and blue...). Three colors screen printed on heavy, off-white paper. See details at http://www.eljefedesign.com/posters/wewere.html

vansmack

Re: We Were Promised Jetpacks poster
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 01:16:18 pm »
El Jefe, this great poster reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask you....

So I hacked my Kindle to replace the screen savers of authors with my own pictures.  Many of them I don't care for, but a few concert posters I've put on there look amazing (even in black and white).  I would like to replace all of the screensaver pictures with concert posters, but the problem has been that I haven't been able to find many quality concert posters that are 600x800 or 800x600.

Many people who own kindles (and some who don't) have noticed the pictures that are on my screen saver and ask about them so I'd like to make a deal with you:  Would you like to advertise/display your posters on my Kindle?  I would even encourage you to put your web and email address across the bottom so they know where to buy them.

I'll even throw in a few bucks if it's a hassle to make the posters in the right size and if you're worried about reproduction you can send them to me in black and white as that's all the Kindle can display anyway.  What do you say?  No cost to you, I make nothing, just want to spruce up my Kindle with your fabulous art.
27>34

Here's the thing

Re: We Were Promised Jetpacks poster
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 01:34:11 pm »
Wow! That is a beautiful poster. I don't know much about the band, but love the art. Makes me want to listen to the band!