Author Topic: Southwest Airlines goes all Julian's America on Kevin Smith  (Read 6010 times)

James Ford

Re: Southwest Airlines goes all Julian's America on Kevin Smith
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 11:12:57 am »

godsshoeshine

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 11:26:43 am »

glad i'm not the only one that's kind of fascinated by this
o/\o

Relaxer

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 11:36:32 am »

so I guess the jorts are gonna end up being the sweatpants gateway for ol' silent blob
oword

James Ford

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 11:43:19 am »

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 01:04:38 pm »
http://www.theonion.com/content/amvo/obese_filmmaker_booted_from_flight?utm_source=onion_rss_daily

Obese Filmmaker Booted From Flight

Kevin Smith, director of such films as Clerks and Clerks II was ejected from a Southwest Airlines flight this weekend because of pilot concerns over his weight. What do you think?
Old Man

Johan Malinder,
Liaison Officer
"I feel sorry for all the passengers who missed out on a 40-minute monologue exploring Star Wars and oral sex."
Young Woman

Karen Kirk,
Aircraft Appraiser
"What does it say about your directorial career that your tweets are far more compelling, suspenseful, and emotionally honest than your recent movies?"
Asian Man

Thad Watson,
Unemployed
"Hugely obese and flying Southwest? Yikes, sounds like Kevin Smith's career is exactly where it should be."
(o|o)

walkonby

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 01:18:53 pm »
but kevin smith is hip and cool in many circles and likes comics books, video games, plus being nice to his fans.  doesn't that count for something in today's "fuck you, i'm famous" society?

James Ford

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 01:43:30 pm »
but kevin smith is hip and cool in many circles and likes comics books, video games, plus being nice to his fans.  doesn't that count for something in today's "fuck you, i'm famous" society?

Putting "hip" and "cool" in the same sentence as "comic books" and "video games" is like putting "hip" and "cool" in the same sentence as "government worker" and "alt-country".

godsshoeshine

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 01:47:41 pm »
Thad Watson,
Unemployed
"Hugely obese and flying Southwest? Yikes, sounds like Kevin Smith's career is exactly where it should be."
to be fair things are looking up. he just got a $100 voucher
o/\o

walkonby

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 01:49:33 pm »

Putting "hip" and "cool" in the same sentence as "comic books" and "video games" is like putting "hip" and "cool" in the same sentence as "government worker" and "alt-country".

everything does depend on how you roll.  i know plenty of "cool" government workers.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 01:52:46 pm »

self-deprecating humor POTW.
<sig>

eltee

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 02:54:10 pm »

everything does depend on how you roll.  i know plenty of "cool" government workers.
tell us, how do they "roll"? ;)

eltee

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 02:58:05 pm »

so I guess the jorts are gonna end up being the sweatpants gateway for ol' silent blob
Smith calls them "pillow pants". Julian is going to cringe at this fashion faux pas.